Splinx's Empire Army Blog

splinx

Thanks Buddy! It's taken me a while but having the village and working on that gives me inspiration to work on my army. I am working on a middenland / marienburg style army with alo to of dogs or war and tilean regiments in there to make it stand out a bit. I am currently working on a demigryph regiment and will hopefully post them some pictures up next weekend!

This is exactly what I've been wanting to do - set up a little scenic diorama to showcase my painted units.  The backdrop is super cool - I was thinking of buying a railroad one off of Ebay but didn't really need it to be 10 feet long.  I took a picture of Mt. Baker up here in Washington that's suitabley grandiose and had it/printed shipped to me online.  Should arrive this week.  

Will keep this thread bookmarked for inspiration / motivation!

Thanks guys! Yeah the table is coming back down this weekend as the mrs is complaining now! LOL Empire has always been a love of mine its just a bit daunting to painting so many guys! 

And yes it certainly is a tabletop world cottage! I am saving up cash for a whole village from the guys in Poland who make them but they cost a ton to get shipped over here! As for painting up it needed a lot of sappy detergent to get the mold agent off but apart from that it is the best made scenery i have ever used! I have various stuff from other places but they do knock the hell out of other products with their level of detail which is a pure joy to paint! The resin is pretty hard wearing as well and i would certainly give them a 9/10 if not 10/10. 

So I managed to finish off my demigryphs this evening and just need to seal them with some dull coat and they are good to go! Really pleased with the yellow contrast and how they ended up! They took an agonizing amount of time but hope it shows in the photos! 

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Splinx69/library/demigryphs

Next on my list is a regiment of spearmen! 

Cheers

Sam

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I saw some Warhammer scenery from Dave Andrews back in 2007 and recently managed to find some pictures and decided to challenge myself to make similar scenery to see if it could be done. First off to conpliment my empire army but also add to the Warhammer town I am building. First off is the combo Warhammer gatehouse which combines the gate part of the mighty fortress and the watchtower piece. First stages of cutting out with a dremel are complete and it's now glued and green stuffed. Am waiting for it to dry to sand up and then start playing around with extra bits and make it more my own.

Any suggestions would be greatly recieved. I have out in the original piece by Dave of which I'm copying so you can see what I'm doing!

Cheers

Sam

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Splinx69/library/Warhammer%20Town

• Like 1