1500 Point Sisters of Battle for OFCC Friday Event and SOB Rules Discussion

pretre

I think that Sisters are going to work really well as a mixed force.  

I would have a core of Sisters on foot with some Rets as an infantry core. Maybe have a penitent engine or two near them to be a melee bully.  Then I'd have a fast element of either Rhino riders or Seraphim or both.  At that point include either Exorcists or inducted IG artillery (Basilisk is looking GOLDEN to me right now).  

The army seems to have all the tools to be effective.  Anti horde you have bolter spam at good BS and lotsa flamers (I have a feeling that seraphim with dual hand flamers getting two rounds of shooting being BAD news for my boyz) and they have melta in spades for the tough stuff.  The only weak point is having stuff to take out tough stuff at long range.

So the problem I'm running into now is just minor WYSIWYG.

In the past, the difference between a Chainsword and a Sword was non-existent, so tons of my models have knives, axes, swords, etc for their secondary close combat weapon. I'm faced with either swapping them all (a daunting prospect) or getting an exception from each TO.

Lastly, I need to see how many of my Redemptionists actually have lasguns instead of 2xPistol or Pistol/CCW, since conscripts have Lasguns.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pretre said:

So the problem I'm running into now is just minor WYSIWYG.

In the past, the difference between a Chainsword and a Sword was non-existent, so tons of my models have knives, axes, swords, etc for their secondary close combat weapon. I'm faced with either swapping them all (a daunting prospect) or getting an exception from each TO.

Lastly, I need to see how many of my Redemptionists actually have lasguns instead of 2xPistol or Pistol/CCW, since conscripts have Lasguns.

Yeah, this is going to be a nightmare for most of my MEq Armies. I've got all kinds of converted CCWs on there. Pretty sure I'm going to go for trying to get people let them all Count As Chainswords.

10 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Yeah, this is going to be a nightmare for most of my MEq Armies. I've got all kinds of converted CCWs on there. Pretty sure I'm going to go for trying to get people let them all Count As Chainswords.

Yeah, this will have to be a pre-check for me for every event and will determine which armies I can even bring.

1 hour ago, WestRider said:

@%#$, I still need to send you those other Heavy Bolters. Been getting messed up by allergies all week, spacing on everything.

No sweat. I have enough. Yours just give me variety.

and I have to finish painting my DW before i start painting SoB.

• Like 1

Bronson has confirmed 1500.

Here's my tentative list:

Spearhead 1

St C&2G - 250

5 Ret with 4 HB and SB - 89

6 Seraphim with 2 HB, Chainsword - 90

6 Seraphim with 2 HB, Chainsword - 90

Imagifer - 40

Imagifer - 40

Vanguard 

Canoness -45

40 Conscripts - 120

Ministorum Priest with Chainsword/BP- 35

Commissar with Chainsword/BP - 31

Imagifer - 40

5 Doms with 4 Melta, Chainsword - 118

Immolator with SB - 107

5 Doms with 4 Melta, Chainsword - 118

Immolator with SB - 107

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Dusldorf said:

You sure? I don't think vehicles have the acts of faith keyword. 

Yes, so this is on page one. Basically, normal 2+ AoF only affects people with the AoF keyword. Both Celestine and Imagifer have different wording that affects different units and does not require the AoF keyword. They require either Ordo keyword or Adepta Sororitas keyword, both of which vehicles have.

6 minutes ago, pretre said:

Yes, so this is on page one. Basically, normal 2+ AoF only affects people with the AoF keyword. Both Celestine and Imagifer have different wording that affects different units and does not require the AoF keyword. They require either Ordo keyword or Adepta Sororitas keyword, both of which vehicles have.

I want you to be right, but I read it differently. Sounds to me like morale bubbles worked in 7th Ed: sure a rhino within 12" of karamazov can re-roll morale, but it doesn't take morale checks. Similarly an imagifier or Celestine could activate AoF on an exorcist, but they don't have it. 

Re-read the AoF section. I posted it in the OP.

Normal: On a 2", one unit with AoF can perform an AoF.

Celestine: Pick a friendly AS unit and they can perform an AOF.

The action 'Act of Faith' is separate from the ability 'AoF'. The ability does not say 'This ability grants you the ability to perform an act of faith. It just references how they work. I agree that it is probably not intended to work the way I have interpreted, but until they FAQ it, it does.

Just now, pretre said:

Re-read the AoF section. I posted it in the OP.

Normal: On a 2", one unit with AoF can perform an AoF.

Celestine: Pick a friendly AS unit and they can perform an AOF.

The action 'Act of Faith' is separate from the ability 'AoF'. The ability does not say 'This ability grants you the ability to perform an act of faith. It just references how they work. I agree that it is probably not intended to work the way I have interpreted, but until they FAQ it, it does.

Agreed then. Enjoy it while it lasts!