Ready to Jump In

Yarbicus

At OFCC I learned that my local scene is pretty much Infinity happy these days so I guess I had better jump in.  But where to start?  I have the rule books.  I also have minis for PanO, Nomads, and Combined Army.  But how to pick a faction?  What is the Seattle Eastside scene like right now?

• Like 3

First, I would PM NakedPanda and Khail for places to play in Seattle. Between the two of them, they can point your in the right direction. 

As to armies, what do like the looks of the best. There are no rock paper scissors armies. Most are slightly better at one set of stats than others. For more information on the overall fluff, I would look at Mayacast's backlog of podcasts. They highlight each army by fluff and units. 

Pan-O is the super tech, hyperpower. They have the best gear and tech. They are the best at shooting, but are the worst at button pushing to complete missions with their low will power. They have space knights and jungle fighters.

Nomads live on space ships. They are the money and elbow grease of the human sphere. They take what other people throw away and make them better. They have grizzled, zero-G troops, good robots, and hacking. One of their ships is the Las Vegas of the universe with an anything goes, body mods, make your self into furries vibe. It is the most anime of the factions.

The Combined Army is like the Dominion (from Deep Space 9) meets the Persian empire. They want to take over everything and kill what does not surrender to their needs. They are the aliens. They have Klingon like troops called the Morats, robots, and a mish mash of races helping out the greater cause. 

• Like 1

What they said. Also, as a Seattle expat, I can tell you that Mox Boarding House in Bellevue has zero interest in supporting Infinity (or they used to, anyway) but if you're on the eastside, Games & Gizmos in Kirkland is a big supporter. They run tournaments and everything. Don't know what days they play, though. I think Mugu up in Everett does some, and I know that Card Kingdom/Mox up in Ballard has a pretty decent scene on Tuesday nights, that's where I used to play. 

The Eastside pretty much plays at Games and Gizmos these days. Infinity night is Thursday with an escalation league running at the moment. Feel free to come down and learn the game. 

As an aside, the Mugu group is merging with the GnG group so we'll be meeting up at GnG with a 23ish people (13 are in my league and 10 were in Khail's at Mugu). 

32 minutes ago, Kremmet said:

The Eastside pretty much plays at Games and Gizmos these days. Infinity night is Thursday with an escalation league running at the moment. Feel free to come down and learn the game. 

As an aside, the Mugu group is merging with the GnG group so we'll be meeting up at GnG with a 23ish people (13 are in my league and 10 were in Khail's at Mugu). 

Awesome!  About 5 minutes from home.