Scotty paints Primaris Marines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

One option might be to do the main body, legs, and arms in a German Grey with some black and white tiger stripe camouflage. Then do their shoulder pads, helmets, and maybe one of their knee-pads in the Howling Griffons’ signature quartered colors.

The Codex Astartes does contain provisions for using camouflage when deemed necessary, complete with codex-sanctioned patterns that have been proved to work in certain environments.

This would let you do the bulk of your infantry in an easier to paint scheme, but still let you bust out the “l33t 5killZ” for Special Characters, HQs, and Elites.

The infantry squads you’ve already done in the quartered scheme can just be said to have been a mechanized unit. If their ride is camouflaged, they wouldn’t need to be.

19 hours ago, Ish said:

One option might be to do the main body, legs, and arms in a German Grey with some black and white tiger stripe camouflage. Then do their shoulder pads, helmets, and maybe one of their knee-pads in the Howling Griffons’ signature quartered colors.

The Codex Astartes does contain provisions for using camouflage when deemed necessary, complete with codex-sanctioned patterns that have been proved to work in certain environments.

This would let you do the bulk of your infantry in an easier to paint scheme, but still let you bust out the “l33t 5killZ” for Special Characters, HQs, and Elites.

The infantry squads you’ve already done in the quartered scheme can just be said to have been a mechanized unit. If their ride is camouflaged, they wouldn’t need to be.

Noop.  I've painted quite a few armies over the last 20 years, this by far was the most soul crushing.  I'm moving on to a different force where the basecoat, shading, and highlighting all take as much time to airbrush as it did to just get the masking done for the quartered scheme. I knocked out 5 helblasters last night in 2 hours, including repriming the in progress models.

If I had nothing else going on, it wouldn't be an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1