Hello! New guy from Portland

Hello! 

My name is Will, and due to a recently accepting a new job, I will be moving from Portland to Bellingham! I'm super excited for the move and look forward to meeting all of you. 

I love all things 40K (I play Space Marines) and still maintain my WHFB  Dwarfs army. I have been considering building an AoS army as well. As for playing games, I tend to be a narrative player more interested in the rule of cool, and lore based matches. 

I should be in town around the 18th of September, and I hope to be at my first game night around that time. 

P.S. Also, if anyone happens to know of someone will rent out a room for two months while I get myself settled into a more permanent housing solution please direct them my way. :D 

• Like 6

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you'll fit in well. We have a fair number of 40k players, and Ninth Age (our local replacement-of-choice for WHFB) is also popular. We play a fair bit of other games, as well, and have semi-frequent narrative campaigns for skirmish games and the like. Looking forward to meeting you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2017 at 8:42 AM, Sugarlessllama said:

Hello! 

My name is Will, and due to a recently accepting a new job, I will be moving from Portland to Bellingham! I'm super excited for the move and look forward to meeting all of you. 

I love all things 40K (I play Space Marines) and still maintain my WHFB  Dwarfs army. I have been considering building an AoS army as well. As for playing games, I tend to be a narrative player more interested in the rule of cool, and lore based matches. 

I should be in town around the 18th of September, and I hope to be at my first game night around that time. 

P.S. Also, if anyone happens to know of someone will rent out a room for two months while I get myself settled into a more permanent housing solution please direct them my way. :D 

Sweet, someone finally interested in AoS. Everyone here thinks it's sacrilege lol but 9th age is very fun if you miss good ol fantasy. Welcome to The Ham

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, smashthedean said:

And not as fun as 9th Age!

Well I am looking forward to throwing down with some 9th Age. I do miss moving ranks of little dudes around the table.

However, I have been watching some stuff online about AoS and it looks like a lot of fun too, so I am looking forward to throwing down with it as well.

As for 8th Edition 40K... I love it. Seriously. I have not had this much fun playing 40K ever. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

I guess it has been that long.. what like 6 months?

When I walked past there last week it looked like they were doing work on the building and the Copper Hog signs are still up. My understanding is that the new owners are keeping the name and maybe they'll also keep the feel of the place and quality level? We shall see!

• Thanks 1

I hope so! I had a bowl of the best colcannon I've ever had there one week, followed by a tasteless bowl of cold mashed potatoes and spinach the next week. They had serious promise, but were really off and on with food quality. Loved the ambiance and the beer selection, though. They are the ones that introduced me to Delerium Tremens (the Belgian ale, not the side-effect of alcohol dependence).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.