Road to OFCC

I have decided I am not going to play Dark Elves for OFCC.  My playstyle with them is not OFCC material.  However, they will be at the OFCC Open.

I will be playing Dwarfs for OFCC.  I picked up my first three models/units yesterday.  This week, I will be assembling 1 runesmith/runelord, 16 longbeards (using warriors), 10 iron drakes.

I am planning on only bringing 3 war machines to OFCC team event (cannon, grudge thrower, flame cannon).  Is that still too much?

• Like 1

I don't know about too much. it makes sense seeing as there will likely be lots of monsters from the arcanum and what not. but it also will greatly depend on the other elements of your list (as you well know).

Here's the rundown:

4-5 combat blocks

10 crossbows

10 iron drakes

3 war machines

2 heros

1 lord

I will possibly have a giant in the army.  I am working on trying to figure out how to make an iron golem.

I challenge you to run zero of the following

Warmachines

Hammerers

Gyro/bomber

Bet you can't.

"Can" and "will" are two different things :)

The amount of shooting in your rough list is fine, I'm sure. As for an Iron Golem, perhaps a modified Warjack or Colossal from Warmachine as a base?

"Can" and "will" are two different things :)

The amount of shooting in your rough list is fine, I'm sure. As for an Iron Golem, perhaps a modified Warjack or Colossal from Warmachine as a base?

Great idea.  The only problem is that I have no skill with green stuff or that type of conversion.  I am most likely going to be looking for someone to comission.

Great idea.  The only problem is that I have no skill with green stuff or that type of conversion.  I am most likely going to be looking for someone to comission.

Hmmm - if you find a good model and have some bits (shields and symbolism, maybe a pilot from the gyro kit) it wouldn't be too hard...

Email me and we'll go through models. I don't have a good handle on how large the warjacks are but a quick check shows that there are some good candidates for a 50x75 giant base.

Ok, I have 3 lists I am going to post in my opening post.  I have a Runelord list and 2 Slayer lists.  I have a new thread started with a poll.  I am closing the poll at the end of the month.  I have a lot of stuff to do to get which ever army is chosen ready for OFCC.

Slayer list 1 has 3 Daemon Slayers and 3 units of 30 Slayers

Slayer list 2 has 2 Daemon Slayers 2 units of Slayers, and a Bonegrinder Giant they have tracked down to die to

If I end up using Slayer list 2, I will not be converting the Giant.  I want the giant to represent the monster the slayers have tracked down to have a glorious death to.

Please, If you are going to attend OFCC, or understands what OFCC represents, please let me know which list you would like to see on the table.

My ofcc list will be

3 Dragon slayers (each with a flaming breath weapon)

3 units of 20 slayers (each with a magic banner) FC

2 units of 23 crossbows with great weapons and FC

2 Runesmiths (each with a dispel scroll)

1 Truthsayer with lore of beasts

1 Carmine Dragon

If that is not OFCC friendly, I don't know what is.  

Lastnight I finished assembling the following:

16 Longbeards w/great weapons- I'm using the warriors as my longbeards.

10 Irondrakes- these are some cool looking models

1 Runelord- I purchased it as part of my tournament entry so I put it together

Now, I am working on a paint scheme.  I am thinking about using a maroon color as my main cloth color.  I am going to try and start painting next week.  I am also waiting for bases and my magnet materials to show up.  Here's the plan:

Assemble a unit, paint the unit, paint the bases, put models on bases.

It's going to be a different process than what I'm used to; however, I am using custom bases for the entire army and the bases will need to be painted seperately. I just hope it turns out ok.

• 3 weeks later...

I placed my order for Thorek Ironbrew (anvil of doom) today.  I was going to order bases and movement trays for the models I have assembled (16 long beards and 10 irondrakes; however, bases of war isn't accepting any order until the 15th of next month).  So, painting will have to wait.  I was planning on getting the bases soon to start painting.  Well, looks like it will have to wait now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've decided that I may need at least 1 war machine for my list.  WIthout a war machine, I just don't think I could make many opponents make tactical desicions about certain unit placement and/or movement.  In the end, I will field 2 war machines.  The war machines being a cannon and flame cannon.

Decided to go with a cannon and master engineer.

@Drak- If the point of an OFCC game is to be fun for both opponents and someone shows up with lots of monsters, flying monsters, fast moving units, etc. and they don't have to make any tactical decisions on where or how to move, how is that a fun game?  I was thinking that a cannon will at least keep my opponent honest with monsters, MC, etc, and that they will have to make tactical decisions on where and how to move them.

• Like 1

I get why you would add them, the same reason everyone else does. it's just the group think "have to have a canon" mentality that bums me out. are there no other answers in the dwarf book to monsters? maybe there isn't and as someone taking a dragon I get that you would want a solid monster answer.