24 Temple Guard, FC, Banner of Eternal Flame

Stegadon, Sharpened Horns, Stampede

Stegadon, Sharpened Horns, Stampede

Bastilodon, Ark of Sotek

4 Jungle Swarm

Salamander pack

Salamander pack

Troglodon

List 2 is also about 400 points over because AB fail.

So there is that.

I always thought it would be hella amusing to pull off the trog roar+spear horde+poison combo impractical as hell though.

I do like list one, I think I need WM hunters though.

Why play LM if I don't bring gribbly monsters and cool magic?

Also what makes it so hard? I felt its pretty middle of road without being too soft or hard.

Why 2 skinks? Because of skink nodes my man. Being able to cast through them seemed too good to pass up on short range spells.

Note both are level 1. Not likely to work as casters anyway. But if everyone feels like its OP to have 6 total levels I can drop one ( hell I didn't go for a blow out slann, and skipped the convergence/channel staff combo, or the book of ashur/SoS/WD combo)

List 2 is also about 400 points over because AB fail.

So there is that.

I always thought it would be hella amusing to pull off the trog roar+spear horde+poison combo impractical as hell though.

I do like list one, I think I need WM hunters though.

Why play LM if I don't bring gribbly monsters and cool magic?

Also what makes it so hard? I felt its pretty middle of road without being too soft or hard.

Allow me to retort then....why play dwarfs if you don't take war machines?  See how this works?

You have monsters and they kill them.

Why 2 skinks? Because of skink nodes my man. Being able to cast through them seemed too good to pass up on short range spells.

Note both are level 1. Not likely to work as casters anyway. But if everyone feels like its OP to have 6 total levels I can drop one ( hell I didn't go for a blow out slann, and skipped the convergence/channel staff combo, or the book of ashur/SoS/WD combo)

I don't think it's OP, I actually think it's inefficient. You're spending 65 points (oops, thought they were lvl 2s at first) you really don't need to.

The 2 scroll caddies point is kinda moot since the Slann could be carrying the other scroll/cube, putting it on a more fragile character isn't an advantage.

Extra channeling is nice, but not worth paying for. Similarly, I'd rather not plan my magic phases around my Slann not being in range or LoS of his targets. I've used the Arcane Vassal thing a couple times but mostly my Slann just casts spells at folks, rather than being so out of position that up to 2 important targets are out of his reach.

Yeah, but if your slann is turned around or is behind something that would not allow LoS. Of course it's not always going to work, but it's an option that I can use from time to time, and sometimes at the right moment. Also what if I want to give my slann something else to carry instead of a scroll. This is a great option.

I'm not saying 2 skink priests is always a bad idea, I just don't see the reason for it in this list. I think one level 2 priest would serve you better and cost less. But if you're set on it, enjoy.

Otherwise, I would highly recommend finding the points to upgrade those skink blocks to skirmishers. I ran the blocks of 10 at first too, but being able to march and shoot with skirmishers is well worth the points. 24" threat range is huge! Plus they've got all the other benefits too.

Munkie- they are skirmishers. I just didn't feel like typing skirmishers over and over.

Fyi the top list is 50 points short on purpose. It's for extra toys on the slann as needed.

Been highly debating dropping the basilodon for some WM hunters. Right now I for see a punishing if I face any army with 2+ cannons.

I wasn't saying the bastilodon is bad. Far from it. It's points gold imho. It's just I have to find points for some warmachine hunters somewhere, and sadly he gets the shot.

The bastilodon is only good until it gets into combat.  As a support role that thing is great.  As a combat role that thing is a waste of points.

They aren't useless in melee, just not winning awards for damage output.

I've reworked my core choices to free up some points

30 Saurus Warriors, Spears, Standard, Musician

10 skink skirmishers

10 skink skirmishers

10 skink Skirmishers

10 skink cohorts, poison, 1 kroxigor, musician

100 point refund.

Yeah, it's worthless.  The Strength of the attacks are garbage.  If a monster is in combat, especially, with infantry and isn't putting out a decent number of wounds per combat phase.....it's worthless in combat.  Empire swordsmen could kill that thing in a few rounds of combat.

No, I'm not talking about using it to support charge.  That's a whole other thing.  I'm just talking about the bastilladon in combat with stuff on it's own.