Warhamsters these are NOT dollies: spoiler thread

VonVilkee

39 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

i think it depends on how the game is going.

if you are crushing them, skip it. let them use a strategem unhindered and vice versa.

if they have 5 knights in their list, doooo eeeett!

Yeah, I suppose that's one way to handle it. Also kind of the issue with it-- particularly when it comes to match making. 

If they've got an army that relies on stratagem shenanigans, then I provide a hard counter. So the opposing captain will not want to make that match, and yet, if I'm continuously paired against the stratagem-non-essential lists, then it becomes kinda pointless. 

There are other perks to Black Heart, but they're mostly the game manipulation obsession. Perhaps something more direct would be easier to match. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

so that is exactly 100 T8 wounds with 5+ invulnerable saves.

is it better to have 180 orks??

Any sort of heavy or special kit wounds them on 5s and stats degrade. I've experienced way worse at ofcc. Will is the coolest dude just wait till he starts "making" decisions. His knights have back stories and totally play to them instead of the best tactical choice!

Finally punch them in combat! Don't pile in and lock them down. If you never play against them you will never realize exactly how weak they actually are. Use command rerolls for multi damage that does get through tears them apart...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Munkie said:

Yeah, I suppose that's one way to handle it. Also kind of the issue with it-- particularly when it comes to match making. 

If they've got an army that relies on stratagem shenanigans, then I provide a hard counter. So the opposing captain will not want to make that match, and yet, if I'm continuously paired against the stratagem-non-essential lists, then it becomes kinda pointless. 

There are other perks to Black Heart, but they're mostly the game manipulation obsession. Perhaps something more direct would be easier to match. 

I'd appreciate more direct and easier to match 😇

• Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

I might need to go back to school and learn the computers... I can't attach the pdfs of our lists from my phone here... I'll have printed copies of the specifics on the day. So here is the first of our completed army pictures. image000000.thumb.jpg.17c9d5366019fa4f70580c7518e79cbd.jpg

I like the orange. Alligned with Ryza?

10 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Going Old School even with the format of your Army List, I see 😉

On the DE list, according to my copy of the Dex and the erratas I could find, it should only have 7CP. It's 3 base +4 CP for 3 Patrols. I might be missing something, tho. If so, point me at it.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Going Old School even with the format of your Army List, I see 😉

On the DE list, according to my copy of the Dex and the erratas I could find, it should only have 7CP. It's 3 base +4 CP for 3 Patrols. I might be missing something, tho. If so, point me at it.

That had to be my error... Kevin didn't write the CPs in... I'll let @Munkie correct me I don't have the drukari dex.

Aligned with house terryn for the relic rapid battle cannon. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Nope. When the first Knight Codex came out in 6th edition, I went a little crazy and bought three. But I didn't know how to paint them. When I was at the GW store in Portland lamenting this conundrum someone suggested "Creamsicle Knights!" And lo! It turned out to be a scheme I really, really like. 😄 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sugarlessllama said:

Nope. When the first Knight Codex came out in 6th edition, I went a little crazy and bought three. But I didn't know how to paint them. When I was at the GW store in Portland lamenting this conundrum someone suggested "Creamsicle Knights!" And lo! It turned out to be a scheme I really, really like. 😄 

Excellent! My Imperial Knights are also done in orange. I call them House Phantos, partly because they look a bit Halloween-y with the orange and black (thus "phantom"), but also partly as a reference to Fanta 😄

Sometime hopefully we'll get to do a Knight on Knight game, find out whether soda or popsicles are the superior form of orange 😉 In the meantime, the contrast with my mostly purple Slaanesh army should look pretty cool on the table.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2018 at 8:28 PM, VonVilkee said:

That had to be my error... Kevin didn't write the CPs in... I'll let @Munkie correct me I don't have the drukari dex.

Aligned with house terryn for the relic rapid battle cannon. 

Yes it's 7 CPs. 3 starting+4 for 3 patrols (not 3 each, good lord, that'd be insane).

Sorry about not writing in CPs, I was very drunk when I wrote it.

Also, here's my army!

Edited by Munkie
Remove pic for storage
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2