Faction Focus - Adepta Sororitas

pretre

38 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The Acts we've seen aren't strong enough to gamble on and not reliable enough to trust.

I would disagree. I think that they are very solid. I used Ebon with no simulacrums and really didn't have a lot of problems activating them. Of course, I'm very used to failing acts of faith and have been doing it for years.

37 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Celestians lack a role worth paying for.  Again.  STR 3 simply isn't going to allow an extra attack to shine.  Return to them their White Dwarf ability to ignore movement penalties when shooting (formerly "relentless") and you might get some people to take them for the multimelta.  Allow them to carry 2 multimeltas at 10 strong and they might be seen in a game.  Make them troops and you'd have something really cool.

Shield of Faith is a must on Penitent Engines.

Make exorcist launchers Heavy 4 or D6 when they don't move.

Make the tanks have Acts of Faith.  The +1 to hit and +3" move would be highly useful to them.  Imagine Penetent Engines doing it.  It  would fix them the rest of the way!  

Stahp with the auras already and just make an aura an aura.  Theres zero value to this over complication.  In a game that so obviously embraces buffs, let it be what it is and point it accordingly if you need to.

The stratagem for Vessel of the Emperor is too expensive.  Rather than drain CP like that, just allow multiple units to use the same Acts of Faith.  Simpler by far

Celestians: Yep.

SoF on PE, sure.

How about the roll two and pick the best if they stand still, or double shots if they stand still like other MBT?

Maybe on the vehicles AoF. I think that's what Vessels is for.

lol

It should be expensive. It's a big deal.

9 minutes ago, pretre said:

It should be expensive. It's a big deal.

Its a big deal but why bother with the aura and spending FOUR points when you might onlyu need to buff TWO units.  and so on.  

The point herei is that the economy of points for Sisters is that you are in essence spending 4 points of one sort or another to get an effect that at the end of the day you could have just spent the same number of Faith Points doing, but have the  option to affect less units when you need to at the commensurate cost.  I'd rather not have to imitate a slow moving turtle across the field.

4 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Its a big deal but why bother with the aura and spending FOUR points when you might onlyu need to buff TWO units.  and so on.  

The point herei is that the economy of points for Sisters is that you are in essence spending 4 points of one sort or another to get an effect that at the end of the day you could have just spent the same number of Faith Points doing, but have the  option to affect less units when you need to at the commensurate cost.  I'd rather not have to imitate a slow moving turtle across the field.

It's not four points, it's three.

I do think that allowing the same faith act multiple times in a turn would be a good idea.

12 minutes ago, pretre said:

It's not four points, it's three.

I do think that allowing the same faith act multiple times in a turn would be a good idea.

I said of one kind or another.  Its the faith point plus 3 CP = 4.  That's really really expensive.  My list has like 9 Faith points nad 8 Comand points so not a lot of either really.  4 points of one kind or another is expensive for any Stratagem  and the impact of it, given the relative range of SOB....  I dunno.  it's too much.

1 minute ago, Lord Hanaur said:

I said of one kind or another.  Its the faith point plus 3 CP = 4.  That's really really expensive.  My list has like 9 Faith points nad 8 Comand points so not a lot of either really.  4 points of one kind or another is expensive for any Stratagem  and the impact of it, given the relative range of SOB....  I dunno.  it's too much.

In my games, I never ran out of faith (only one of each a turn cuts that down) so Faith is not really a limiter for me. You sound CP starved though, so I can see that as being more of an issue.

21 minutes ago, pretre said:

In my games, I never ran out of faith (only one of each a turn cuts that down) so Faith is not really a limiter for me. You sound CP starved though, so I can see that as being more of an issue.

I've run out of Faith once.  It's another issue.  Faith is far less useful WITHOUT CP, so its like one leeches the other.  They arent added good things.  they are just gateways to cool things.  

It's not super important.  The army in general suffered so much from the new Codex that the adjustment period is just going to be much longer...only to be replaced by yet another codex.  Which I suppose now that I've seen this one, gives me something to look forard to.

For funsies, i also have written a list for a more hordelike approach (the other way you can play them at least it appears on paper).  That list has many more points to sling around and more bodies, albeit to build it would be expensive for anyone not already owning the army.  It's exceedingly similar to the way my original sisters were built, actually.

Just now, Lord Hanaur said:

I've run out of Faith once.  It's another issue.  Faith is far less useful WITHOUT CP, so its like one leeches the other.  They arent added good things.  they are just gateways to cool things.  

It's not super important.  The army in general suffered so much from the new Codex that the adjustment period is just going to be much longer..

I couldn't disagree more.