Faction Focus - Adepta Sororitas

pretre

3 hours ago, WestRider said:

Yeah, you can take one DT for each non-DT Unit in a Detachment. Doesn't matter whether or not they're capable of riding in that, or any, Transport. You can take a Spearhead Detachment that's Chronus and a trio of other Land Raiders, and take four Razorbacks in the DT slots for that Detachment.

Well, the Land Raider crew need a ride after the battle.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 4:40 PM, pretre said:

The Axe canoness would need to be a conversion. The maul one is either a conversion or a sister superior so not really a canoness.

Eviscerator / Chainsword and Power Sword were legit models.

The axe model looks pretty darn real.  I see no conversion to it and Ive had it ever since I started sisters.  

Turns out that the “Holy Trinity” Stratagem might not actually be as hard to invoke as first thought.

“For the purposes of this Stratagem … a flamer is any weapon whose name includes the word ‘flamer’ (e.g. hand flamer).”

Okay, so clearly the Combi-Flamer’s name includes the word ‘flamer.’

“…and that target is within range of at least one model in the unit firing a bolt weapon, one other model firing a flamer weapon, and one other model firing a melta weapon…”

Which means that if you use a Sister Superior with a Combi-Flamer, a Heavy Weapon Sister with a Multi-Melta, and the eight-to-eighteen other Boltguns in the squad you can invoke the Holy Trinity from 24” away! 

You don’t actually need to be in range of the flamer line of the Combi-Flamer’s profile! Simply being within boltgun range is good enough. The weapon is a “flamer weapon” and it is in range! 

holy-trinity.jpg

8 hours ago, Ish said:

No doubt, but feel free to enjoy the month or so that the cheese is legal.

You have to be in range of the profile with that name... you don't even get the month... combi flamer has a bolter profile and a flamer profile. Only 8" on that flamer profile. 

Edit: see Pretre below he spells out what I'm alluding to full reading is required. 

You don’t “have to be in range of the profile with that name,” you have to be in range of the weapon with that name:

“[A] flamer is any weapon whose name includes the word ‘flamer’[.]”

The name of the weapon is Combi-Flamer. The range of the weapon is either 8” or 24”. If the target is in range of one model firing one weapon with the right name(s), then the Stratagem works.

• Poop 1

5 hours ago, Ish said:

You don’t “have to be in range of the profile with that name,” you have to be in range of the weapon with that name:

“[A] flamer is any weapon whose name includes the word ‘flamer’[.]”

The name of the weapon is Combi-Flamer. The range of the weapon is either 8” or 24”. If the target is in range of one model firing one weapon with the right name(s), then the Stratagem works.

Check the rule for Combis.

Each one has two profiles. For example: Combi-Flamer, -Boltgun and -Flamer.  If you reread the strat, it is clear you have to be using the profile of the flamer to make it work not just any part of the combi-flamer.

I mean, go ahead and ask your TO, but I think it's pretty clear it won't work.

holy-trinity.jpg

'and that target is within range of at least... one other model firing a flamer weapon.

For the purposes of this stratagem, ... a flamer weapon is any weapon profile whose name includes the world 'flamer' (emphasis mine)

image.png.35a2b979db16d2b6499cffa49ae51502.png

Note that there is no weapon profile for Combi-Flamer, just Boltgun and Flamer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Although reading all the things or is one weapon that could fire both profiles... take the negative one on a bolt shot to maybe lawyer the plus one to wound at longer range

You can't do that. Step 2 of Shooting requires the unit you are shooting at to be range of the weapon being used (as listed on its profile). So you can't blaze away at something out of range.

• Like 3

Okay, so this came up on another forum and I'm excited about it.

The Passion: Pick a unit and let it fight twice.

Vessels: Apply a Faith check to everyone with 6" (or 9" with relic)

The Passion does not require your unit to be in Close Combat when chosen. It just lets you fight twice. So let's go to the Fight Phase.

1) Choose unit (skip all the requirements since the Passion overrides them)

2) Pile In. Even if you're not in H2H. Cool.

3-5) Choose Targets, Choose MW and Resolve

6) Consolidate 3"

Each unit affected by the passion gets to do this twice. Even if they aren't in H2H.

So you Vessels this for 3CP to your whole army and it all Piles in 3", Swings if it found someone to swing at, Consolidates... Twice.

Additionally, since Advancing and Falling back only stops you from charging, not fighting, you can fallback or advance and then do this. It also affects vehicles and anything with the AS keyword if you use the Vessels version. Ouch.

30 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

So Sisters can parkour 12" during the fight phase...

My head-canon for the double-move and 14" move Seraphim was that the powered Armor they had was designed with Space Marines in mind and moving a slighter frame with the same force required to help an 8' tall mutate around had unexpected benefits.

Yeah, it's crazy but I think it works.

3 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

I disagree that the power does that for you. I guess that's why an FAQ is needed. 

You can compare it to Berserkers or Kastelans. Their language says they can fight twice. This power allows you to choose a unit and then make it fight. Big difference in wording.

I absolutely agree with FAQ is needed.

17 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

Seems like Sisters vs Tau would be a pretty rough matchup for the Sisters. Tau outrange them with everything, barring the Exorcist. They'd have to get absurdly close, I think, to do real damage.

You have described every version of Tau and Sisters since Tau came out. 🙂

That being said, As a group, you can move the entire Sisters line (with a 4++) forward every turn and fire back. With conga lining, you could occupy the half the board and then there's no where to run.