Faction Focus - Adepta Sororitas

pretre

2 hours ago, pretre said:

You can compare it to Berserkers or Kastelans. Their language says they can fight twice. This power allows you to choose a unit and then make it fight. Big difference in wording.

I absolutely agree with FAQ is needed.

It doesn't say you can make it fight. It says "can be chosen to fight with twice", but that doesn't say anything about eligibility. The rulebook says that "any unit that charged or has models within 1" of a enemy unit can be chosen to fight." IMO, RAW, nothing about the faith power supercedes the rulebook requirements.

My point is that in the grand game of paper-rock-scissors-lizard-Spock that is WH40k, there’s just plain going to be times when your army — either because of your list’s composition or just the basic codex itself – is going to run into match-ups where it is at a disadvantage.

Trying to predict what those will be and mitigate them is, like, half the fun of list building.

21 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

It doesn't say you can make it fight. It says "can be chosen to fight with twice", but that doesn't say anything about eligibility. The rulebook says that "any unit that charged or has models within 1" of a enemy unit can be chosen to fight." IMO, RAW, nothing about the faith power supercedes the rulebook requirements.

/shrug I disagree. As I said, ask your TO or opponent until it is faqd.

11 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

"Can be chosen to fight twice" is different then can "fight again/ twice" in my opinion but that may or may not be the intent <shrugs>

I think it is almost certainly not the intent, but that's just me. 🙂

edit: I e-mailed a detailed question to the FAQ address and made sure it was clear that it was for the FAQ and not the beta. 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ish said:

The joke isn’t funny if I have to explain that I was deliberately misunderstanding which version of Dune you were referring to just so I’d have the tenuous pretext to bring it back ‘round to Flash Gordon.

I wasn't making a joke. Or did you mean your joke wasn't funny? I didn't think you were joking either.