Faction Focus - Adepta Sororitas

pretre

6 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

There is no fun in the far future?

Nurgle seems to be one of the few factions that employs smiling models. For SW, they've got a happy marine, but he's a special character (lukas).

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pretre said:

On a positive note, If Gitz are getting this many kits for their revamp, I am very optimistic for sisters.

Due to the beta codex only having models that are out, I 100% expect new models and characters. The beta codex feels to me only partially completed like a host of options are missing, so if what the beta codex has model wise is it, it will be one of gw's biggest mistakes I think 

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Due to the beta codex only having models that are out, I 100% expect new models and characters. The beta codex feels to me only partially completed like a host of options are missing, so if what the beta codex has model wise is it, it will be one of gw's biggest mistakes I think 

We know that there will be new models and characters; they've said that*.

The beta codex is only partially completed; they have also said that*.

We know that the beta codex is not it; they have said that too.*.

*Page 69, Chapter Approved 2018, if you're curious and all their posts on the WH community site.

Basically, it's just what form the eventual models and codex will take that is in question, not that they will be there and there is new stuff.

9 minutes ago, pretre said:

We know that there will be new models and characters; they've said that*.

The beta codex is only partially completed; they have also said that*.

We know that the beta codex is not it; they have said that too.*.

*Page 69, Chapter Approved 2018, if you're curious and all their posts on the WH community site.

Basically, it's just what form the eventual models and codex will take that is in question, not that they will be there and there is new stuff.

Well sorry for making an opinion with just some base information and no chapter approved book. 

On 1/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, StygianArcanum said:

So what sort of new models or characters do you think we'll see in the full codex?

No idea.

If I was going to do it?

Canoness/Palantine (Multipart plastic like SM Commander)

Missionary/Preacher (MP Plastic)

BSS kit (5 to a sprue or two sprues)

Dominion kit (combo kit BSS with additional sprue for specials)

Celestian Kit (combo kit BSS with additional sprue for Storm Shields and Close combat weapons. Replace crusaders here).

Retributor Kit (Combo kit with BBS with additional sprue for heavies)

Seraphim / Thrones Kit (dual kit with Seraphim and new Unit with more CC focus (Lances would be cool))

Repressor Upgrade Sprue (Use existing rhino and Immolator kits and just have a separate sprue to add to Rhino to make repressor)

Baal Predator Kit (It just fits too nice and I'm easy like that. Throw it an upgrade sprue to make it churchy and replace the BA Bits)

Exorcist / Cathedral Kit (Dual kit with plastic exorcist and some new heavy tank)

Cavalry (Literally or figuratively, bikes or horses. Dual kit for normal and fancy (i.e. Knights and Grail Knights kinda duality))

Dual release (Necromunda and 40k) Redemptionists or Frateris Militia

Tactical Drop Shrine (Combine a Drop Pod and an Ecclesiarchy shrine. Allow deep strike, Heck, just add a sprue to the DP kit and bring back dominica drop pods, make it a dual kit)

Battle Conclave (MPP kit that makes DCA or Arcos)

Of course, that would be the biggest release ever, so I think it's pretty unlikely.

TLDR: No one knows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pretre said:

Tactical Drop Shrine (Combine a Drop Pod and an Ecclesiarchy shrine. Allow deep strike, Heck, just add a sprue to the DP kit and bring back dominica drop pods, make it a dual kit)

I’ve always wanted a Drop Pod that turns into a light fortification once landed. Think a very small Aegis Defence Line, in function, that gets air dropped. 

Picture a normal drop pod, but connected to each of the “ramp doors,” there’s an armored wall section that folds up,  swings over toward the next door, then locks in place.

“Tactical Drop Shrine” sounds like a great name for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Testing the new Sisters of Battle has given me a conclusion I am kind of surprised by.  For the first time since the Witch Hunters codex (I have found every iteration pretty darn playable within its editions), I have legit concerns about fielding them at tournaments.  When I heard they were getting all kinds of new rules etc...  I thought yahoo.  They added Stratagems, they added relics and STUFF...and created a less competitive army.  They ADDED to the army...and made it less cool.  I'm just kinda of bewildered.

The signature speed that made the Index so good is gone.  The Sisters of Battle cannot strike fast and hard like they could before (which is important in an army that can melt like butter with only 70 models and 3T).  Your builds can be more hordy than before, or very very armored (as in my case) but in both cases, against serious armies like Orks and Admech (Also played against T'au and Dark Eldar), It's like sledding uphill for the first time I can remember.  You're just not threatening enough of them fast enough or you're slogging so far that it gives them the time they need to overcome the better durability the Sisters got in this Beta Codex. 

The crux:  I've won 3 out of four games (22-30 loss to orks, which is a really good loss as such things go, yet still a loss) BUT and it's a big BUT...  the wins were such low points that you can't help but be concerned in any ITC format.  In normal games of 40K we are probably fine.  In the ITC, the Secondaries eat us up.  The enemy can usually get "killed more" or at least hold serve on it (which happened frequently in my games), even though they might not get "control more" very often against us.  I tended to "control more" more often, but at great sacrifice.  Wins were 19-15 grinder type games, 22-14, that kind of thing.  Not in the 30+ range like you kind of need them to be in an 20+ person tournament (and the more people there are, the higher those wins need to be in ITC, as most will appreciate who have been regulars of ITC events).

Anywho, testing continues.  Thus far I cannot get away from the feeling that they have a lot of work to do to make this work, and Acts of Faith are a priority issue.  Stratagems can be a little expensive and oddly specific as well.  Requiring an Act of Faith be spent, THEN charging 3 Command Points for a kind-of-cool effect?  Mmmmmm...  Drains you REAL fast.

Just some messages from the front.  It's not all bad, but it's just uphill.  I foresee a lot of close games with them. 

I dont think the majority of SoB player here at Ordo will do it but...

SoB with tons of storm bolters (maybe sprinkle in some flamers and meltas)in a Battlion seem like an excellent thing to slot into imperial "soup". Especially with the number of ork players running around. Some knights, some guard, some sisters seem like a pretty legit force.

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

I dont think the majority of SoB player here at Ordo will do it but...

SoB with tons of storm bolters (maybe sprinkle in some flamers and meltas)in a Battlion seem like an excellent thing to slot into imperial "soup". Especially with the number of ork players running around. Some knights, some guard, some sisters seem like a pretty legit force.

The StormBolter trick works on one unit really, the Dominion.  I didn't even add a Storm Bolter unit. 

I'll be facing I think 4 or five Knights tomorrow for example.  Cant recall the exact list but hes bringing the LVO heat as I requested.  My feeling is 20 shots that hit on 2's, Re-roll 1's is about 19 hits, re-rolling wounds of 1.  So you got 6 wounds on a Knight at -2.  4 go through.  8 wounds to a Knight on the average.  That isn't bad but it took an Act of Faith Point plus 2 Command Points.  Essentially 3 "command Points" of one kind or another to do that.  Or you can take meltas that hit on 2's, re-roll 1's to hit and wound on 3's, re-rolling 1's to wound, costing 2 "points" of one sort of another.  Better.

Now I only point this out because:  your army is absolutely going to need all three of its Dominion Squads to kill some of these armies (if they even can) out there and the Rule of 3 makes it wiser by far to allow your Retributors to do the job of anti-personnel shooting for you instead.  Retributors will of course come nowhere near as much damage to heavys but they obviously can now be exclusively used for the targets the Storm Bolters would have been great at, if you hadn't needed speed and melta so very badly.

Here what you COOOOOOULD do about it though.  FOR YET ANOTHER 3 Command Points and so now we are at SIX points of some sort...  You can run three dominion squads together albeit slowly and use the Acts of faith on a character who then can give that same Act to ALL units within 6".  Now this wouldn't make them all QUITE as effective, since only one is going to get the +1 to shooting, re-rolling, and re-rolling wounds of 1.  But all of them will get the crazy damage output and so three Dominion Squads could get pretty close to killing a Knight in one go with their -2 AP, 2 damage Storm Bolter Trick.  But you have spend the house.  A whopping 6 total "points" but you almost killed a whole Knight rather unconventionally.  A stiff wind should finish it.  But you are going to gouge yourself pretty badly the rest of the game for points and such.  You'll be in the open afterwards, odds are.  So we gotta hope.

My current plan is to have a Sisters of Battle Squad ride along with the Retributors.  When the time is right they will spill from their transport and drop four flamers and four Heavy Flamers on whatever thing the Storm Bolters wanted to kill, and use the Rhino to move around and shield them for afterwards.  Then hopefully drop them off later to do it one more time.  The 3 unsaved wounds it would do to a Knight isn't as good as 8 wounds the stormbolters would have done.  Of course.  But against anything Dominion  actually WOULD fire at will be hitting more and wounding more using Retributors.  It's also useful for anti air.  That is enough to kill an airplane on the average!  Fun bonus: Most planes are only 4+ saves.

Well it's super late.  g'night.

CA18 FAQ is out, and The Passion has been errata'd.

CA18 FAQ: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/warhammer_40000_chapter_approved_2018_en-1.pdf

Page 79 – Acts of Faith, The Passion
Change the second sentence to read:
‘If successful, the selected unit can be chosen to Fight with twice in that phase, instead of only once.’

This would indicate that you can take imagifers from the index and they intend it but that they won't let them get a free AoF.
: If I am using the beta Adepta Sororitas codex, but I include an Imagifier from Index: Imperium 2 in my army, which rules should I use for its Simulacrum Imperialis ability - those printed in Index: Imperium 2 or the updated version of that ability printed in Chapter Approved: 2018 Edition?
A: If you are using the beta codex, you should use the updated Simulacrum Imperialis rule as printed in Chapter Approved: 2018 Edition: ‘Add 1 to the result of Tests of Faith for a unit whilst it includes a model with a
Simulacrum Imperialis