Astra Militarum, and Imperial Knights, and Dreadknights, Oh My! List help please

Frowbakk

I'm almost to the 'showing pictures' point in my conversions for OFCC, but then I realized I hadn't got a list together yet.

And then I thought... what if I make a silly list which uses ALL of my weird conversions?

One SuperHeavy Detachment of

A Knight titan with Gatling cannon and 2nd shooty arm... Rapid Fire Battle Cannon or Melta 

Two Armiger Helverins (the shooty kind) 

Astra Militarum Battalion of:

One Tank Commander with Punisher Cannon and 3 Heavy Bolters

One Company Commander (Mad Donna, of course)

3 x 10 Eschers as Infantry squads

and a Grey Knights Battalion of:

Two Grand Masters in Nemesis Dread Knight armor with Greatswords.

3 squads of 5 Terminators

One Hvy support choice Nemesis Dreadknight with Greathammer

And, if there's points left over, an old school 'Rifleman' style Dreadnought or Venerable Dreadnought with two twin Autocannon arms.

Can anyone with the 8th Ed books tell me if this list comes in under 2000 points?

Thanks.

I'm climbing Mt. Learning Curve right now.

It looks like what I want can be done, but with less stuff than I had imagined I could bring.

A Knight Crusader with Gatling Cannon and Melta Cannon, with two Armiger Helverins.

A Grey Knight Grand Master in Nemesis Dread Knight Armor leading three units of 3 Paladins.

A Punisher Tank Commander alongside a Company Commander (Mad Donna) and three squads of ten Escher.

Then there's about 100 points left to fiddle around with. Probably not going to go with a Sanctioned Operative.

Thanks for suggesting Battlescribe. It's like I was a cook trying to decide what spice I should ad to the stew when all it needed was a little salt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frowbakk said:

A Knight Crusader with Gatling Cannon and Melta Cannon, with two Armiger Helverins.

I am a newbie, after a 6 edition break I am playing again. Trying to build a OFCC list I was very politely and tactfully told that my larger knights might not be "fun" at OFCC this year so I should focus on other units. I would love to bring one of mine since I will lose no matter what, and I am sure killing a huge space robot would be fun for my opponents bragging rights, but hey whatever lol. 

I love Battlescribe. If you need any help I can try and answer any questions. Again, I am new at this but I play around with Battlescribe seemingly everyday.

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I am a newbie, after a 6 edition break I am playing again. Trying to build a OFCC list I was very politely and tactfully told that my larger knights might not be "fun" at OFCC this year so I should focus on other units. I would love to bring one of mine since I will lose no matter what, and I am sure killing a huge space robot would be fun for my opponents bragging rights, but hey whatever lol. 

I love Battlescribe. If you need any help I can try and answer any questions. Again, I am new at this but I play around with Battlescribe seemingly everyday.

It's mostly the Dominus Class Knights, and specifically the Castellan, that are a huge issue. A single Quaestoris Knight and a couple of Armigers isn't nearly the same level of power.

That said, in this case, along with the DreadKnight and Tank Commander, it might be pushing things a bit too far into Rock/Paper/Scissors territory.

• Like 2

This army is mainly a chance to show off my conversions all in one place.

Plus in the case of a bad matchup, the Tank Commander becomes close-combat only and the Dreadknight always forgets to charge as well as his psychic phase and stands and shoots from out in the open.

• Like 1