Portland Area Vallejo Paint Stock

andy

Does anyone know if any stores in the Portland area maintain a decent stock level of the Vallejo paint lineup (Game Color, Game Air, Model Color, Model Air, Metal Color, etc.)? I know several have sparse, well picked-over displays but I'm hoping to find one that actually maintains the line...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raindog said:

Guardian is the best I know of at this point. 

Oh cool, did they do a restock after they re-organized the store? Last time I was there they had dumped all the Vallejo stock into giant tupperware containers for customers to root through 🙄

Of the few stores I have shopped at Guardian Games has the largest and best stocked selection. However, they usually have a few missing colors and other weird stock levels. The employees say that they only get restocks from Vallejo once a month? or something like that. Last summer there was some sort of run on Vallejo paints and no store could get certain color in for several months! I had to buy Citadel paints to cover.

Also, since the new owners have taken over Guardian it seems like they have been better at keeping the paint in stock. Not sure what if anything has changed, but Guardian Game's employees have always been very helpful to me getting what I need and have special order extra paint for me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Of the few stores I have shopped at Guardian Games has the largest and best stocked selection. However, they usually have a few missing colors and other weird stock levels. The employees say that they only get restocks from Vallejo once a month? or something like that. Last summer there was some sort of run on Vallejo paints and no store could get certain color in for several months! I had to buy Citadel paints to cover.

Also, since the new owners have taken over Guardian it seems like they have been better at keeping the paint in stock. Not sure what if anything has changed, but Guardian Game's employees have always been very helpful to me getting what I need and have special order extra paint for me.

Their stock had been decimated.  I'm not impressed at this time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scottshoemaker said:

Their stock had been decimated.  I'm not impressed at this time.

Dang! I was there just before Christmas and it was the largest I have ever seen it! I picked up a few colors and a wash picking up an order from Mindtaker. But yes, other times I have seen almost nothing on the shelves. 

7 minutes ago, Casiarius said:

Guardian can order it, but I've purchased most of mine on-line.

I've been ordering online. I'd rather buy locally, but if Amazon can get it to my house in two days with free shipping that beats one (or two, or three...) weeks of waiting for a special order to show up the the FLGS every single time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally made it down to Tammie's. Very good (but not complete, there were gaps and some key colors like VMA Black were out of stock) selection of the Vallejo Model Color and Vallejo Model Air lines, but none of the Game Color, Game Color Air, or Metal Color lines which is disappointing. Totally worth a visit just for the fun of it, there're not many old-school hobby shops around anymore. Bonus points if you can find the oddly eclectic micro-selection of GW stuff. Also, the Sunset Highway is even more of a dumpster fire than it used to be.