Points update are live, take it with a grain of salt

Lyraeus

3 hours ago, MexicanNinja said:

Ignoring the entire rules for all types of cover?

As for the points increase.  Every vehicle essentially got "power of the machine spirit".  Yes, i know that rule is gone but that's basically the upgrade every vehicle has.

Ignoring the bonuses to a unit's save for being in cover. 2 str 8 AP -3, 3 damage; 2 str 8, AP -4, D6 damage

The Crimson Hunter got the power of the machine spirit boost that many aircraft got. However aircraft that already had assault weapons (like the Voidraven) didn't receive a benefit, but their points went up by the same amount anyway. 

It's basically a free upgrade that some vehicles got.

Ironically, the recent FAQs officially removed “Power of the Machine Spirit” from the various Imperial vehicles that had that special rule as it was now redundant. Fair enough.

The funny thing is that an Adeptus Custodes stratagem from War of the Spider, Vengeance of the Machine Spirit, was directly keyed to working “when an ADEPTUS CUSTODES VEHICLE model from your army with the Power of the Machine Spirit ability is destroyed.”

Oh, Gee Dubya... Sometimes it’s adorable how bad your editorial staff is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Oh, Gee Dubya... Sometimes it’s adorable how bad your editorial staff is.

Tell me about it. The Drukhari FAQ clarifies that Fire and Fade is used after an Asuryani unit shoots.

We lost one of our best stratagems because GW got too excited with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.

In that case, at least, I think everyone will agree that it’s supposed to say Drew Carey Drukhari. Y’know, since it’s their codex, their stratagem, and their errata... So anyone but the most stubborn of r/WarhammerCompetitive That Guy’s is probably going to let it work...

6 hours ago, Munkie said:

Ignoring the bonuses to a unit's save for being in cover. 2 str 8 AP -3, 3 damage; 2 str 8, AP -4, D6 damage

The Crimson Hunter got the power of the machine spirit boost that many aircraft got. However aircraft that already had assault weapons (like the Voidraven) didn't receive a benefit, but their points went up by the same amount anyway. 

It's basically a free upgrade that some vehicles got.

Correct me if I'm incorrect but not all cover is a bonus to saves, correct?

Some terrain is just modifiers to hit, from what I've read.

Yep, and Masterful Shots (the custom craftworld attribute to which I'm alluding) strictly ignores the bonus to saves that cover grants. So being in dense terrain like woods would still give a unit -1 to hit.

It would then be hitting on 3+, re-rolling 1s. It will almost certainly be packing Expert Crafters as well (re-roll 1 hit and 1 wound per unit) for ultimate efficiency. So in woods, hitting on 3s, re-rolling all 1s and a single 2. Then wounding with str 8 with one re-roll there too. This was exactly how efficient it was last edition, back when having heavy weapons impacted it, and it was a cornerstone of competitive Eldar lists. 

Now that they're even better than they were and the cost increase was moderate, you can be sure they'll be even more rampant now.

Unless the meta just swings wildly against aircraft in general, which is always a possibility. Brand new edition and all...