New army prototype piece

PourSpelur

Did this guy up as a tester and am really happy so far. Shooting for something a little different, all my Ork conversions are blocky and sharp so I wanted to aim for rounded and cute. Plan is for the most obnoxiously loud paint scheme I can do.
He's a Dread with double heavy bolters right now (magnetized), one leg and one crutch with an oversized, bolt-on mustache. Broken down to paint on components.
Opinions so far? Shooting for whimsical and campy.

IMG_20210428_170833.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Still on my workbench at home;)

I got sick and my treatments had me staying in Seattle. Good news is I should be released in like two weeks!

Painting this little dood is #1 on my hobby to-do list. Thinking neon pink for the main body and a cool, mint for the patches. May do him up with a bunch of cross hatching as well, I think it may work with the rounder body and bigger flat areas without/light details.

• Like 1

What’s more important, your physical health and being able to take care of your family for years to come or getting some paint on your toy soldiers?

I think, in your heart of hearts, you already know the answer to that question.

See you at the clubhouse tonight.

• Thanks 1