40K CRUSADE!!! The Unofficial <possibly official>, Thursday Night Crusade Starting September 22nd

Salty Monkey

13 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

So basically I need to be able to create a valid battleforged force out of 1000pts. I need to look up CPs and such. I haven't ever made an army in 9th yet.

In wouldn’t look at it as ‘need to’ but ‘can do’

you can just have a concept and some minis. And touch it up once we get in. Also I’m planning on be there early as possible on Thursday, 4ish and I can help you get you up to speed in 9th if you’re free

also There is a number of command point options that we as a group will discuss on Thursday which we want to do 

2 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

At this point I may just go for the army with the simplest rules. Getting frustrated. 

Try not frustrated, the whole idea is for this to be fun (my intention at least) 

This Thursday is just a leaping off point no pressure intended and i hope that after we get things together it will be less stressful and more fun

I am still down and showing up. Managed to figure it out, gonna pull a freebooterz 1000 point army as that is the second army in my orks battalion! Gives me a chance to actually test out a freebooterz army as well put my new kaptain badrukk to use! I will not have him ready by thursday as he arrives friday lol. Either way I will have a 900 point army minus my kaptain badrukk until next week or sunday if we plan on continuing then.

• Like 1

Cool @BigMick37 looking forward to seeing some pirate ork madness on the field!

For anyone else planning on coming please post on the Thursday night gaming page https://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/217298-922-ordo-fanaticus-game-night-at-wow thursday 4pm-9pm/P

We are looking to start with teh nonsense around 5pm, if thats not good let us know...

Next Step English 📖🐝 on Twitter: "flexible: able to bend ...

• Like 1

• Salty Monkey changed the title to 40K CRUSADE!!! The Unofficial <possibly official>, Thursday Night Crusade Starting September 22nd

Hmmm still trying to decide on which army to go with. I would probably say that Necrons are probably towards the top of the list simply because I have quite a bit painted and with this edition, some new units to paint up. That being said, I'm spoiled with choice, so if there is an army that people would want to go up against, feel free to suggest it. I've dropped CSM and Orks from my list as they are already represented.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Hmmm still trying to decide on which army to go with. I would probably say that Necrons are probably towards the top of the list simply because I have quite a bit painted and with this edition, some new units to paint up. That being said, I'm spoiled with choice, so if there is an army that people would want to go up against, feel free to suggest it. I've dropped CSM and Orks from my list as they are already represented.

I am down to have the metal boys added in. It would add to the crazy as orks and necrons mean crazy, add in chaos and you got two enemies who aren't really affected by chaos in the lore. So honestly for story building it works, the chaos going at the two factions they can't really affect other than killing them off.

• Thanks 1

Play what ya like, I’m sure your CSM and mine will be quite different

that said I do have a lady est edition Necron codex you can use if you need one

3 hours ago, WarwickRockbourne said:

Offering support and good vibes. My Thursday showings are still limited enough to be inconsistent and unplanned. 

Curse the existence of bills and schedules! At least it's fun and satisfying. Playing with my models with stand-up Thursday folks fun and satisfying. Nope!

you can always come and game when you can, we can just mark it up to The Chaos side of the Dark Angels mucking them up 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I have settled on my necrons. First off, I actually have an army painted that I took to an OFCC once. So that gives me a good base of models. I also have collected more stuff for them since 9th came out and have new cool things that need to be painted. Also, since I have not played 9th yet, it seems like this could be a forgiving army.

Step 1 is now done.

Now I gotta choose which faction to run, or make my own.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I think I have settled on my necrons. First off, I actually have an army painted that I took to an OFCC once. So that gives me a good base of models. I also have collected more stuff for them since 9th came out and have new cool things that need to be painted. Also, since I have not played 9th yet, it seems like this could be a forgiving army.

Step 1 is now done.

Now I gotta choose which faction to run, or 

bad ass!

• Like 1

So trying to prepare a list, and was wondering what I needed to look at. I have found the following:

Munitorium Field Manual Update Mark II - this seems to be the latest point changes. So if we use points, use this.

Power Rating Update - Same as above but for PL instead.

Balance Dataslate Update - this says for matched play, but was curious if we are using it as well.

Also, is there any reason to get the freaking books? I mean honestly...they don't seem to be all that valid anymore.

• Like 1

So trying to prepare a list, and was wondering what I needed to look at. I have found the following:

Munitorium Field Manual Update Mark II - this seems to be the latest point changes. So if we use points, use this.

Power Rating Update - Same as above but for PL instead.

Balance Dataslate Update - this says for matched play, but was curious if we are using it as well.

Also, is there any reason to get the freaking books? I mean honestly...they don't seem to be all that valid anymore.

I have a necron codex you can use for strats and such I think it helps having a book, as i am old. 😉

Ill bring it tonight

My poor necrons got trounced. And they should have as pretty much everything was against them. But I did learn some things and also learned that I need to learn more rules. Wow, 9th edition seems to be very poorly written. What really surprised me was how different it seemed than lots of the battlereports I have watched. Especially around melee. I knew AoS had this "pick a unit" style combat where you could pick a unit engaged wherever and do their fight....but I swear I have not seen that in any of the 40K BRs I've watched. And yet, apparently that is how you do melee now. Just pick a model you want to fight (after all chargers have gone) regardless of the melee. Weird.

@Brother Glacius combat is one of the more nuanced parts of the game 

good news is that we will be starting next week as an escalation style crusade and playing a bunch of low level games is a good way to get a hand on the rules without it getting too overwhelming 

we will be starting from scratch as well just to flatten the curve so if you want to tweak your crusade lists feel free