Anyone planning on getting the new squats?

Brother Glacius

I'm kinda torn actually. I mean I've been wanting squats back since 3rd edition. That being said, I'm not quite sure I'm sold on the new version of them. They don't seem very squat. But everything has gotten bigger in GW games. Hell, a plastic beaky from RT days probably is smaller than the new squats. The rules seem....inter-broken-esting..? maybe? My inner geek is yelling at me telling me how much of a phony I am if I don't get them. But my angel/wife on my shoulder is pointing at the heaps of models I already own for a game I really haven't even played yet. And for once in my life, the cost really isn't an issue. Ugh...why is adulting so hard?

• Thanks 1

take a look at the alternatives that you could print... that nice new resin printer wants to be put to a good purpose.  Seriously, the choices on MyMini Factory and other patreons sites... are seriously awesome - and unique - and you can print them when your ready to build a nice new proxy army 🙂

-d

• Like 1

I would say stay with gaming systems you are excited about and focus on those armies. It's pretty much how I've re-organized my hobby time / priority list and it feels pretty good. I've been trying to juggle 3 different mass battle systems that all require huge investments of time and money, and I really only play a couple of days a month. For the last couple of months, I've just focused on 1 of them that I play and enjoy the most and have been working on getting those backlogs cleared out.

You've said on a number of different threads that you don't really care for / don't like 9th Ed 40K, so maybe starting another 40K army isn't the best use of hobby time?

Anyway, not trying to hobby shame or throw shade on any game system, I definitely know the allure of picking up the new cool army for 40K (my Sisters are staring at my right now), just a little perspective from a fellow gamer with too many projects and not enough time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I am a bit intimidated by 9th edition. I am trying to give it a shot and will hopefully be able to join the Crusade next week. I simply have too much invested in 40K to completely give up on it. 🙂

I was really just curious what others thought of the new army based on previews so far and if they were interested. I'd really love to here the why's or why not's. Been a while since GW released a new army. A little surprised at the lack of posts about it honestly, but then ordo forum is much slower now.

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

Yeah, I am a bit intimidated by 9th edition. I am trying to give it a shot and will hopefully be able to join the Crusade next week. I simply have too much invested in 40K to completely give up on it. 🙂

For sure! For what it's worth, I wouldn't equate "Not buying another army when you already have multiple armies" to "Giving up on 40K" 🙂

• Like 1

I picked up the boxed set today. The models are neat but will require some kitbashing to satisfy my vision for a squat squad. I definitely need more beard. I haven't played 40k forever so the codex was greek to me. According to some folks at my store the power creep might be allayed by simply avoiding certain characters. I'm sad to learn that the list is already banned some places. I feel like GW has had plenty of iterations to get this right. Hopefully they become a balanced tournament option somehow.