surprised these rules haven't been discussed before.

VonVilkee

So,I'm working through a complete re vamp of my list eliminating drop pods and trying the tank hunting part of the imperial fist chapter tactic. I'm finally using devestators.

With the back ground set I'm just realizing I could fire a bs 5 Las at a flyer. Unless I missed something (very possible)

So modifying stats days that set values apply last. Snap fire (main rule book) sets bs at 1, signum allows a single model in the unit to set their bs at 5 (marine codex).

Following the rules as understand I could take a single shot at bs 5 at a flyer... Codex trumps rule book and both set the bs at a value...

Discuss, and or refute.

Ahh, I didn't know that Signum was start of Shooting Phase. That probably means that it is ignored by snapshooting. :(

I also forgot about this new part of the rulebook:

"If a special rule doesn’t specifically state that it affects Snap Shots, then the Snap Shot is resolved at
Ballistic Skill 1."

• Like 2

"The Ballistic Skill of a model firing a Snap Shot can only be modified by special rules that specifically state that they affect Snap Shots ... If a special rule doesn't specifically state that it affects Snap Shots, then the Snap Shot is resolved at Ballistic Skill 1."

-7e 40k Rulebook Page 33

*Edit: Oops, P beat me too it.

• Like 1