Making a new Waaagh!

Threejacks

So now that I have the book, I'm thinking about something like this with my 1850. (Using models I already have)

Ork Detachment (so 3 HQ)

Painboy with Warbike

Warboss with PK, Warbike, BP, Lucky Stikks

Warboss with Blitzbike and PK

4x10 Gretchin with Runtherd (I need to get more gretchin for this, I think)

2x15 Warbikers with Nob (PK/BP)

10 Warbikers with Nob (PK/BP)

Battlewagon with 'Ard Case and Killkannon

3 Big Gunz (Kustom Mega Kannons)

3 Big Gunz (Traktor Kannons)

13 Lootas

1850-ish.

So not horrible and it's what I have. :) I'll have to go count bikes though to make sure that I have enough and the right number.

So now that I have the book, I'm thinking about something like this with my 1850. (Using models I already have)

Ork Detachment (so 3 HQ)

Painboy with Warbike

4x10 Gretchin with Runtherd (I need to get more gretchin for this, I think)

2x15 Warbikers with Nob (PK/BP)

10 Warbikers with Nob (PK/BP)

13 Lootas

1850-ish.

So not horrible and it's what I have. :) I'll have to go count bikes though to make sure that I have enough and the right number.

Darn. Just counted models.

I only have about 1700.

Painboy with Warbike

2x10 Gretchin with Runtherd (I need to get more gretchin for this, I think)

2x15 Warbikers with Nob (PK/BP) (Have to down-convert some Nobs to make this work. I have 20 WB, 2 Nobs with BC, 8 nobs with PK)

3xWarbuggies with TL-Rokkit

15 Lootas

At 1500, I could drop the BW and a buggy and rock out though.

Painboy with Warbike

2x10 Gretchin with Runtherd (I need to get more gretchin for this, I think)

2x15 Warbikers with Nob (PK/BP) (Have to down-convert some Nobs to make this work. I have 20 WB, 2 Nobs with BC, 8 nobs with PK)

2xWarbuggies with TL-Rokkit

15 Lootas

(1501)

I guess my orks are a 1500 point army for the forseeable future then. :)

• Like 1

Interesting.  

Yeah, I was worried that I wouldn't even have enough to make an army because my old one relied heavily on FOC swaps. I could probably add a couple of squads of trukk boys or boxes of gretchin to beef it up as well. I really wanted the decapitating BC on my warboss, but as far as I read you can only get one relic.

I also thought of using Deffkoptas as counts-as Warbikes to buff out my squads.

All told, I have:

20 Lootas

30 Gretchin, 2 Runtherds

20 Warbikes

1 Nobs with Big Choppa

1 Nob with Banner

8 Nobs with PK (Mix of Bosspoles)

3 Buggies with Rokkits

1 Painboy on Bike

2 Warbosses (One wazdakka, one FW Warb)

3 Kannons

3 Zzap

1 Battlewagon with detachable Deffrolla, 'Ard Case and Killkannon

4 or 5 deffkoptas with Rokkits and 3 Buzzsaws

Of course, I could ally any of my other armies as well.

The Ghaz supplement has a lot of formations (listed below from rumors), but I'm still curious how they work in list building. Can you mix and match any formations in Bound? Do you just pick one to be your primary detachment and pick the warlord? Or are detachments and formations totally separate things that don't mix?

I just wanted to let you know that I was recently sent a (somewhat badly) photographed version of Waagh Ghazgul and have had a chance to look it over. It offers a lot of expansion to the Ork Codex, and (like the three tyrannid dataslates) the various formations takes the pressure off of some of the more crowded slots.

The green tide is there (as reported). There is also a dred mob, a battlewagon mob, the vulchaboyzz (this one is Zagstrukk and 3 units of stormboyz- which can combine to one super unit), a kommando formation (which is also great), and a super death star with Ghazgull, Grotsnik, 2 warbosses, 3 nobz and a big mek!

There are 7 formations:

Council of Waagh: this is the Gahz death star I mentioned- lots of crazy rules including getting two warlord traits...

Ghazguls Bully Boyz: Meganob formation- they get fear, fearless and +1WS

Vulcha Squad: Zag + 3 units of Stormboyz- can combine into one mega unit. Must start in reserve and scatter only d6. Hammer of wrath attacks have shred.

Blitz Brigade: Battlewagon formation- they get scout

Dread Mob: Which has a Big Mek in it, so it could technically be your primary detachment (and thus your army if you didn't want troops...)

Red Skull Kommando's: Snikrot + 4 Kommando units, Snikrot must join one of the units. Always start in reserve, with a single reserve roll for the whole formation. On the turn they arrive, the player choses which table edge they enter, and all must enter from it- no dice roll required. If they don't shoot on the turn they arrive, they re-roll cover saves for the turn. They also have shrouded instead of stealth on the turn they arrive.

Green Tide: similar to before

RCN the 100+ boyz army is actually very fun.  I have warhammer ADD so I have more than a few armies.  But whenever I ask someone to play in a few days and who they want to play against, 9 out of 10 times they say the Green Tide.  People like to fight the ork horde.

I will certainly  be trying one of the tides for sure:)

Gonna have to wait and see what the Ghaz supplement one brings to decide.Ive just never cared for the massive boys spam lists that used the old FOC,,well I am hard pressed to field over 100 boys anyway and less than half of those have more paint than just primer,heh.

As far as moving them I would assume its much easier to deal with when they are all counted as one big unit rather than trying to keep 4+ groups of 30 boys separate..especially when multicharging and 2 groups on one situations.Most ive done is 3 groups of 25 in a 1k game and it wasn't too bad.

So I need a CAD with at least 1 HQ and 2 Troops, and then I can add on any Formations I want. But Troops in those Formations will not get Objective Secured, but may get specific Formation rules. 

Okay, pretty sure I get it. 

There's no actual requirement in the core rules to take a CAD. Many Tournaments are requiring one, but purely by the rulebook, you can have a Battleforged Army that consists entirely of Formations.

There's no actual requirement in the core rules to take a CAD. Many Tournaments are requiring one, but purely by the rulebook, you can have a Battleforged Army that consists entirely of Formations.

While this is correct, not all formations allow taking the warlord from their detachment. This also allows Imperial Knight or Inquisition armies, both of which don't follow the CAD, but have their own detachment type.

It also looks like you can take an Allied Detachment and make a Character in it your Warlord. I guess that makes sense for things like the Inquisition, but kinda weird for something like SMs and Tyranids.

Nope read the allied detachment specifically says can't have the warlord there. Inquisition has its own detachment that you would follow, and yes the warlord could be there.

Personally I'm going to start calling the warlord the "front line coordinator" as it can be any character including just a basic unit leader!