Making a new Waaagh!

Threejacks

Ah, okay, that makes sense about Allies. You can get away with an Allied Detachment that has Troops with ObjSec, while your main army does not. That's cool. 

Looks like you could take 3 CADs with minimal HQs & Troops in order to get 3 LOWs, like Ghaz and 2 Stompas. Sounds a lot like an Unbound list.  :laugh:

Ah, okay, that makes sense about Allies. You can get away with an Allied Detachment that has Troops with ObjSec, while your main army does not. That's cool. 

Looks like you could take 3 CADs with minimal HQs & Troops in order to get 3 LOWs, like Ghaz and 2 Stompas. Sounds a lot like an Unbound list.  :laugh:

This is why a lot of events are putting more restrictions on Battleforged Armies. A requirement of exactly one CAD, no more, no less, is probably the most common so far, but we may that shift to 0-1, or just a flat no more than two Detachments with things like the special Ork detachment.

The army selection chapter is very specific that a CAD must be comprised of units with the same Faction (or no Faction). I don't see any rule about other CADs needing to be the same Faction. So the only purpose the Allied Detachment serves is to reduce the requirement of 2 Troops down to 1. Correct?

The army selection chapter is very specific that a CAD must be comprised of units with the same Faction (or no Faction). I don't see any rule about other CADs needing to be the same Faction. So the only purpose the Allied Detachment serves is to reduce the requirement of 2 Troops down to 1. Correct?

Yeah, it's basically a more point efficient method to get a certain unit, or units, from another codex.

I've been trying to balance 3x CADs at 2k for my DA+MT+GK list and it's really hard to get the units balanced, even without superheavies or fortifications. I often have to reduce one into an allied detachment just because I need those points elsewhere.

So for a confuzzled Ork Player:

Ork Codex by itself = OK

Ork Codex + any non-Ork Codex as an Ally = OK

Ork Codex + allied Ghazghkull Codex = Not OK ?(because you can't ally with your own faction unless you're Marines of two different paint schemes)

Ork Codex + single Ork Formation (regardless of source? Ork Codex as main and add in the Bully Boyz formation from the Ghazghkull codex) = OK ?

So you need to realize allying is totally different. The ally rules state how to deal with faction interaction.ie multiple detachments regardless of source. Remeber formations are special detachments.

The ally detachment is the one with the restrictions and would make stuff not okay.

So for a confuzzled Ork Player:

Ork Codex by itself = OK

Ork Codex + any non-Ork Codex as an Ally = OK

Ork Codex + allied Ghazghkull Codex = Not OK ?(because you can't ally with your own faction unless you're Marines of two different paint schemes)

Ork Codex + single Ork Formation (regardless of source? Ork Codex as main and add in the Bully Boyz formation from the Ghazghkull codex) = OK ?

You can actually fill your CAD (normal force org) or Ork Horde Detachment (3 hq 9 troop faq) with selections from any Ork Faction.  So if Ghaz supplement has new unit types (and is Ork Faction, not its own faction) you could slot them into normal force org slots to fill a CAD.  The same for Forge-world army lists if they are ork faction.  

I don't think these books specifically are this way, at the moment, however.... I think the Ghaz supplement is mostly just formations...

But, to try and reiterate for clarity.  In a CAD formation, if we had 2 or 3 books that are all deemed Ork Faction, you could pick 1 HQ from the Codex Orks, 1 HQ from the Ghaz supplement, 2 Troops from Codex, a Heavy Support of a Tank from the Deffmob (IA8), a Looted Wagon as a Heavy support from the White Dwarf, and a Heavy support of Lootas from the Codex.  And then still take a Formation from any Faction source.  

(Or you could even take a Tau or Tyranid formation if you wanted... those models would just be restricted by ally type - desperate allies or come the Apocalypse allies...)

As long as the selections are from the same faction, you can fill the force org from any source.  It makes tracking rules a pain, if supplements have their own army wide rules (e.g. imperial fists from SM and from their supplement)

Am I right?  Does that make sense?  Correct me/clarify me if not

-rhuntar

You can actually fill your CAD (normal force org) or Ork Horde Detachment (3 hq 9 troop faq) with selections from any Ork Faction.  So if Ghaz supplement has new unit types (and is Ork Faction, not its own faction) you could slot them into normal force org slots to fill a CAD.  The same for Forge-world army lists if they are ork faction.  

I don't think these books specifically are this way, at the moment, however.... I think the Ghaz supplement is mostly just formations...

But, to try and reiterate for clarity.  In a CAD formation, if we had 2 or 3 books that are all deemed Ork Faction, you could pick 1 HQ from the Codex Orks, 1 HQ from the Ghaz supplement, 2 Troops from Codex, a Heavy Support of a Tank from the Deffmob (IA8), a Looted Wagon as a Heavy support from the White Dwarf, and a Heavy support of Lootas from the Codex.  And then still take a Formation from any Faction source.  

(Or you could even take a Tau or Tyranid formation if you wanted... those models would just be restricted by ally type - desperate allies or come the Apocalypse allies...)

As long as the selections are from the same faction, you can fill the force org from any source.  It makes tracking rules a pain, if supplements have their own army wide rules (e.g. imperial fists from SM and from their supplement)

Am I right?  Does that make sense?  Correct me/clarify me if not

-rhuntar

I sure hope you are correct here.

I will be using my Deff dreads as troops in a CAD if so...this assuming Forgeworld is allowed.

Plus with Dreadmob Killa Kans are fast attack at up to 5 per unit so that may free up other HS slots.

Ortherwise if its not this way then I assume that one would have to choose either Dread mob or Orks 2014 as their main faction and ally with a different faction or just go unbound.

Just trying to square what the rulebook says vs the NOVA/BAO guidelines.  I rarely get time off to play so tournaments are basically my only option for 40K.

I really don't want to step on  anyones toes bringing a Big Mek with Lucky Stick from Codex: Orks, a Big Mek with 4++ KFF from Codex : Ghazghkull, the Bully Boyz  Formation from Codex Ghazghkull and the rest of the CAD from Codex Orks (whose Troops would be Objective Secured).

Is an all-Mega Armored Nobz army too much to ask for?

Wow. I hadn't seen Zhadsnark before. Daaamn.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

Warbikers as troops, PK that strikes at I4 and he can tank shock.

Yeah hes pretty sick...I never payed attention to his entry as I was running walkers with my Dreadmob.

So is it clear now that we can run any units(assuming forgeworld is allowed) in any Ork army?..as in I don't have to run a Dreadmob list in order to use the units in that suppiment?...I know that some of the units say they can be used in "regular"(as in non Dreadmob) list but now with the wording in the 7th edition book just requiring same faction im not sure...and it appears that I cant run a CAD of main codex Orks with an Allied detatchement of Dreadmob...