Mordheim

Taking a very shooty army there. Thought WH all bout getting in to smite. Any way it'll be a fun list to play

LOL.... My Orcs are more shooty than that.

Shooting in Mordheim I see being like WFB, shooting will not win you the game but if you don't have it you will feel it. If you have no shooting elements in most lists then Warbands like undead and cult of the possessed will have an advantage.

2-4 sounds like a good average for shooting.

So I guess emails aren't working at the moment. So here is what it was gunna say

Okay guys, sorry it took me so long to get this out but some [big bad swear word] happened at my work and it was all bad. but long story short here we go.

So as of right now i have eight of us who are interested and at least 2 maybe 3 who are unavailable at the moment. So with this, I figured we'd just get our feet wet and get an understanding of the game and what not.

As far as the Campaign is concerned, here is how it will go. There will be 8 matches of my choosing. If you can not make a match, then you will be allowed a make up game once per match. Instead of getting wyrdstones in these make up games, you will gamble with the ones you have. To win the campaign, you will need to gather 30 wrydstones. i know 8 matches might not cover the 30 needed to win, so if need be, we will do more matches.

As far as rules are concerned, we will be using the rules from this PDF i have linked. (http://home.deds.nl/~mordheim/MordheimRulebook.pdf). I will be allowing lizardmen and warriors of chaos, but no Nurgle Rot will be allowed, seeing as it is freaking broken. There will be hired swords and exploration during our campaign. And we will be rolling off the Crit table out of the book. There are no modifiers either. Any and all 28mm models are allowed, not just GW.

I will also be Youtube'ing our campaign so stay tooned for that. If you have any questions, just email me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I had a few questions about warband construction if someone wouldn't mind answering them:

I see a list of common items and mounts, but I don't see a price for them anywhere. I found a few sites like this the following 

http://return-to-mordheim.blogspot.com/2012/03/price-chart-to-go-with-rulebook-errata.html

that have prices and they seem okay. Are we allowed to start our warbands with mounts and common items? Also, I don't see a price for things like a war boar or wolf anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? Am I just missing it in the manual? I'm looking at the Orc and Goblin warband and wonder if I could put an orc on a warboar, but see nothing there about it, just an entry about boars later in the manual.

Thanks

One more question: there is mention of henchman groups and how they must be equipped all the same. I want to buy 8 forest goblin henchmen-can I make this two groups with two different loadouts?

Also, if anyone is around this weekend and would like to get a trial game in, id love to - the gf is working all weekend so its one of those rare, wide open weekends. I like red castle - they have tons of good terrain for mordheim, but guardian would work too. PM me if interested.

More detailed rules for mounts are all in the empire in flames supplement.

One thing to note, item costs are sometimes different for a starting warband than they are in the general items list. This is supposed to represent the difficulty of obtaining things in the city as opposed to elsewhere.

Henchmen groups can be of any size, I think. So it's up to you to decide if there are 8 groups of 1, 3 groups, etc... I feel like there might be a max size of 5 in a henchmen group, but that might just be one of my tendencies and not a rule.

-rhuntar

• Like 1

No max size that I have found, though there are henchmen types that have max size. See your Warband entry to see if it does.

Now my list is not a good example becuase gobos and squigs are cheap cheap cheap. My warband is starting with 13 as it stands with max hero slots filled. It will be funny to see what the goblins and squigs will do, with each other that is. (They all have Cannon Fodder painted on their backs.)

And Peanut henchmen groups can only be up to 5 henchmen. In goblin's case, where there is no limit to the nunber you can take you would have to split them into two groups anyways. And don't take the spider yet, like me and my troll I would wait till you earn some gold first, otherwise you will be hosed if it was killed early on.

• Like 1