Seeking your FAQ's for the tournament

If you have a question that has not been answered by an FAQ, please post it here.  In preparation for the Ambassadorial Tournament, I am starting to collect the various questions that might come up.

Some good ones were brought to my attention.  I'm not looking for discussion on them so much as just a running list I can work on and research for the tournament.  Thank you very much in advance for submitting your questions!

How do you deal with Jinking when a blast hits a a unit that was not initially targetted?

Can a model in a unit manifest a power known by another model in the unit?  Or must the model who knows the power manifest it?  Example:  A Warlock knows a Daemonic power.  Can the Farseer cast it for him, with all the wargear benefits that allows?

Are Militarium Tempestus considered Astra Militarium for LoW selection purposes?

In the Black Legion Supplement, which Artifacts require swapping of weapons? How about the Crimson Slaughter Supplement?

How is LOS determined for vehicle weapons without barrels? Like for missiles, as an example.

Is a Lord of Skulls considered CSM for the purposes of preferred enemy if the model is purchased as part of a Chaos Daemon CAD?

Does the DA Porta-Rack allow Allied forces to utilize enemy teleport homers and Locator Beacons?

Does a Catacomb Command Barge benefit from a Phase Shifter?

Does an Overlord on a Catacomb Command Barge lose his Independent Character designation?

Would a model under the effects of Mind Shackle Scarabs still inflict a Hammer of Wrath hit?

What size of scratch built model is acceptable for Promethium Pipes from Stronghold Assault

• Like 1

Or how about why don't all the supplements/books have FAQs? Even just a blank FAQ so that we know GW actually remembered printing that book....

I think you may be missing the point of the thread. He wants questions so he can pre-answer them for his tournament.

• Like 1

I did get that. Can you produce FAQs for the supplements, even blank ones, just so it's clear which supplements and codex have been looked through?

I suppose for more specific FAQ questions:

Are Militarium Tempestus considered astra militarium for LoW selection purposes?

In the Black Legion Supplement, which Artefacts require swapping of weapons? How about the Crimson Slaughter Supplement?

How is LOS determined for vehicle weapons without barrels? Like for missiles, in example.

Is a Lord of Skulls considered CSM for the purposes of preferred enemy if the model is purchased as part of a chaos daemon CAD?

Does the DA Porta-Rack allow allied forces to utilize enemy teleport homers and locator beacons?

Shall I look for more?

I did get that. Can you produce FAQs for the supplements, even blank ones, just so it's clear which supplements and codex have been looked through?

I suppose for more specific FAQ questions:

Are Militarium Tempestus considered astra militarium for LoW selection purposes?

In the Black Legion Supplement, which Artefacts require swapping of weapons? How about the Crimson Slaughter Supplement?

How is LOS determined for vehicle weapons without barrels? Like for missiles, in example.

Is a Lord of Skulls considered CSM for the purposes of preferred enemy if the model is purchased as part of a chaos daemon CAD?

Does the DA Porta-Rack allow allied forces to utilize enemy teleport homers and locator beacons?

Shall I look for more?

Every question you're not sure on, BRING IT.  i need to be able to answer these for the people enjoying the free food, door prizes and festivities!  Don't want "surprise rulings" to ruin someones game.

Do Chariot models have to make tests for combat resolution if they lose a fight?

Can abilities which require Line of Sight (but that are not psychic powers) be used from inside a transport with Fire Points or with the Open-Topped type?

Can a Death Ray be fired so that it hits both a Flying Monstrous Creature in Swoop mode and a ground target?

Can a character with the Infiltrate rule join a unit without it and deploy via that method?

Is O'Vesa allowed to join a unit containing another Independent Character, or join such a character that is by themselves?

Can an upgrade that requires replacing a weapon replace a weapon that is part of a Bike or Jetbike?

Can Commissar Yarrick be selected as a Warlord, despite having both the Senior Officer and Chain of Command rules himself?

Can a Deathstrike Missile fire on my first turn if I am the second player, since it is not "the first turn of the game"?

Can a model from the Iyanden supplement select relics from the standard Eldar codex?

If Markerlights or other weapons that have an effect on a hit are fired at a model protected by a Void Shield or Projected Void Shield, what happens?

Can a model with the Supporting Fire rule make use of a Target Lock to fire at a unit that is not assaulting?

Can a Deathstrike Missile fire on my first turn if I am the second player, since it is not "the first turn of the game"?

This one is a yes. Or at least, it was this way with the last 'dex. That said, the old one only got to shoot on 6s because it hadn't been on the table for a full turn.

With the Necron Ghost Ark "Repair Barge" special rule, can it add Necron Warriors to a unit that only has a Lord or Cryptek left?

The FAQ for it went away when the update from 6th to 7th.

Example:

I had a unit of 9 warriors with a Cryptek, the 9 warriors die and I start my movement phase with the Cryptek with in 6" of a Ghost Ark. Do I get to add the d3 Necron Warriors back to the unit?

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't even played in a few weeks, but here:

Let's see, everything to do with fortifications....Slightly less sarcastically:

-WYSIWYG requirements, or rather, do you have to use GW kits for fortifications? If not, what are the size requirements for home built terrain, or does it really not matter so long as a medium building is medium and has the right weapons?

-Does the skyshield landing pad grant the 4++ to everything on it, or are their exceptions? How much of a model needs to be on the skyshield to qualify for the 4++? Does a flyer beginning the game on the skyshield have a flying base, or is it removed as pictured for the skyshield? Does the 4++ become a 3++ with Mark of Tzeentch? How does the underside of the skyshield function in-game? A skyshield is an example of the only non-ruin multi-leveled terrain pieces.

-The Fortress of Redemption has only one door out, if that exit is blocked, for some reason, do the models have to jump off the battlements to exit, or is their an emergency disembark option, like with transports, for units within a fortification?

Others:

-Do Skimmers require skimmer bases, or are only models that come with skimmer bases required to use them? In rules, many of the skimmer rules pertain to the base, but not all skimmers include that base in their kit.

-Can a non-flying/skimmer/jump models "scamper" from the roof of one ruin to the roof of another provided that their difficult terrain roll is sufficient to get from one roof top to another and that being on those roofs is legal model placement? Or do they have to go to the ground level, move across and then move up the levels?

-Do units that do not come with bases, but have been given bases, consider their base as part of the model for all game purposes? Likewise, do units without bases apply the same in-game mechanics as models with bases, or are they treated as the model is, base included? In example, it is technically legal placement for me to have a defiler "hanging" on the walls of a ruin - this is only the case because I lack a base in that kit. Likewise, the Revenant titan does not come with a base, but has great difficult balancing without a base and has a much smaller "footprint" in game.

-Can objectives can be placed in a location that one or both players have no units within their army able to access, but are otherwise legal placements? In prime example, can you place an objective on the upper levels of a ruin so the opponent's bike army cannot take it or contest?

-Does the eldar power that removes a warp charge in order to ignore a perils result require a die from the warp charge pool to be discarded, or does the eldar player have to roll dice until they have a successful warp charge as with taking a psychic test for a warp charge 1 psychic power?

• 2 weeks later...

How do Blasts, Templates, and Barrages interact with multi-level Ruins?

Can Spore Mines generated from a missed Biovore/Spore Cyst shot Run or Charge on the Turn they are generated?

Can a Unit Deep Strike from Ongoing Reserves? Whether because of Mishaps, or Gargoyles in a Skyblight Swarm coming back because of the Skyswarm Rule, or FMCs that have left Combat Airspace or whatever?

Does a Unit need to be 25% obscured by intervening Units (including the space between Models) to gain a Cover Save, or is any degree of Obscurement sufficient?

The mention of the Lord of Skulls in an earlier question suggests yes, but just to be clear, are Lords of War allowable?

Do the new unit coherency rules allow models to be place BOTH 6" vertically and 2" horizontally apart, or is it a choice between the two?

For the vertical distance, do we use the actual distance, or the distance required to move to that location (as often vertical distance is considered a set distance per level rather than using the actual distance between levels)?

In the case of "counts as" armies, or ones with heavy conversions, does the opponent use the model in the opponent's army to determine game related aspects, or is the model they are counting as used for this?

Also, are banners, wings and similar things which are not considered part of a model for LOS purposes, still considered as such for heavy conversion/counts as models?

Is the same to be said, in both questions, for FW kits which stand in place of a GW model without any conversions.

In Codex: Chaos Space Marines there are two contradicting rules about generation of psychic powers. Under Marks of Chaos it says you have to generate 1 power (notice no "randomly" or rolled) from your patron deities discipline. Under psychic powers it says you must roll for one of your patron deities powers. So the real question is witch rule trumps the other.