Ordo Dungeon Bowl League - Beginning 7/14/2024!

Weav

ODBLBanner24.png

Welcome to the second season of the Ordo Dungeon Bowl League (ODBL)!

The season begins 7/14/2024, with the first league night at W.O.W. (717 SE Main Portland, OR) on Tuesday 7/16/2024. We are playing five rounds, with two games every three weeks. As such, rounds one and two need to be finished by Saturday, 8/3/2024. Coaches will be asked to pay a $10 league dues fee, in addition to game night fees. League dues will be used for league awards, with the remainder to go to Ordo Fanaticus for upkeep, and future Blood Bowl accessories.

Best of all, the big leagues are watching this college Dungeon Bowl season intently, desperate to find the next star. This means that coaches may draft one player from their College team to their fall OBBL team! Obviously, the drafted ODBL player must be able to play for the  OBBL team (meaning, if you play College of Life, you will need to be playing Halfling, Nurgle, Snotling, or Wood Elf in the OBBL to be able to benefit from this).

The ODBL will be using Tourplay.net for team registration and league management. All coaches will need to have a Tourplay account, and a smart device they can bring with them to each game to record activity. Please edit your Tourplay profile to include your contact information (text phone number preferred). All coaches are expected to use the Tourplay scheduling feature, and always be the first person to reach out to your opponent. The Ordo PM system will be the official communication channel, but Discord and Facebook can be used as well if both players agree.

Teams that participated in the 2022 Spring ODBL league are welcome to play a second season. The championship game will face-off between the first and second place teams, with tie-breakers determined in Tourplay (head to head, TD differential, etc...). All games will have a maximum 2 hour time limit. If neither team scores by the end of regulation, the winner is the team with the ball (regardless of which team is in possession of the ball) closest to their end zone, as described on page 55 of the Dungeon Bowl rulebook. All dungeon creation rules from the rule book are in affect, and players may include the tiles from the Death Match supplement if both players agree.  

• Pod one - rounds one and two: Sunday 7/14 - Saturday 8/3
  • Pod two - rounds three and four: Sunday 8/4 - Saturday 8/24
  • Pod three - rounds five: Sunday 8/25 - Saturday 8/31
  • Championship: 9/1 -9/7

Resources:
ODBL Tourplay Page (Registration and Tournament Management)
Dungeon Bowl Survey
2022 Spring ODBL Tourplay (finished league; provided for funsies)
Ordo Dungeon Bowl League dues - Ordo Store (now available!)
Dungeon Bowl open play at W.O.W. - 6/29/2024 @ 10am PDT

Fully Registered Coaches (has created a team in Tourplay site and paid league dues):

• Weav featured and pinned this topic

Hello! Just figured I'd formally introduce myself.

My name is James, and I am actually moving to Portland on July 1st. I'm from Southern California and am moving up for law school. I have been playing Blood Bowl for 3 years and have been to a decent number of tournaments (including the recent Amorical Cup in Ottawa, Canada.)

I love Dungeon Bowl -- possibly even more than regular Blood Bowl -- so I am very excited to get to play this season. I submitted my team on TourPlay and paid the dues via the link in the OP.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, James said:

Hello! Just figured I'd formally introduce myself.

My name is James, and I am actually moving to Portland on July 1st. I'm from Southern California and am moving up for law school. I have been playing Blood Bowl for 3 years and have been to a decent number of tournaments (including the recent Amorical Cup in Ottawa, Canada.)

I love Dungeon Bowl -- possibly even more than regular Blood Bowl -- so I am very excited to get to play this season. I submitted my team on TourPlay and paid the dues via the link in the OP.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

We are very happy to have you, James! Thanks for introducing yourself, and thanks for joining the league! 

• Like 1

Due to the popularity of the Summer Ordo Dungeon Bowl League, Commissioner Weav will be randomly breaking the teams into two conferences: the DUN-7, and the No Sky. Coaches will play five games vs coaches in their conference, with the two conference winners facing off in the ODBL championship. 

Summer 2024 ODBL Friendlies 

1. Each coach may play one friendly a game round 
    1. Therefor, each team will be limited to five friendly games total
  2. Each coach may only play a friendly against each coach once 
  3. Friendlies may not be played before a team has completed its round one game
  4. No friendlies are allowed after round five is played
    1. Therefor, no friendlies are allowed before, or during, the playoffs
  5. All other friendly rules apply
    1. Players can be injured, MNG’s are cleared, SPP’s per the book for friendlies, etc…

Happy Friday, all! This Sunday is the official kick off of the summer 2024 ODBL schedule. Please take a look at the first post; it includes the ‘pods.’ Each pod includes two rounds, and the date range each game needs to be played in. The first official game night will be Tuesday, and will be at WOW. The club will be open before 5pm, and will remain open until 7:30pm or so. Thank you again for playing Dungeon Bowl!

Time limit clarity, RE: SPP’s
Hello, coaches! It occurred to me after reviewing the FAQ and the rule book today that they do not address who gets the SPP‘s for the touchdown when a game goes to the time limit. Record the touchdown to the player on the winning team closest to the ball, or holding the ball.