Gauging interest in an Infinity Campaign

Fix

If you've seen/heard about the [big bad swear word] that Brad watches, you'd be afraid. Very [the language filter doesn't work on me so I actually type all this stuff out myself]ing afraid.

Russ, I have full faith that you can roll 1 to 5 d20s with a single arm. Rules are free, so no reason not to investigate!

• Like 1

If you've seen/heard about the [big bad swear word] that Brad watches, you'd be afraid. Very [the language filter doesn't work on me so I actually type all this stuff out myself]ing afraid.

Russ, I have full faith that you can roll 1 to 5 d20s with a single arm. Rules are free, so no reason not to investigate!

indeed. I can easily transport the models in a small case too, which is super appealing.

I'm interested! I have about 15 models that have never got grace a table...I need a big rules refresher though. Yu Jing. Don't remember the sectorial bent.

I might need to get some monks now.

Also I have 1 assembled merc that is unprimed and unpainted that I'd like to pay some one 15$ to paint (doesn't have to be amazing)

Around the start of October.  I'll nail down the details in a few weeks.

<le sigh> climb checks it is.

note: I actually don't care but do like the way the long-long order to climb your full movement plays.

Honestly the ruleset we use will not affect the overall outcome of the metagame, so on a game-by-game basis it doesn't particularly matter to me whether you use 2nd ed, 3rd ed, or some hybrid between them as long as both people playing agree to it.

I'll put this out there as an open query:  Would y'all like to play with Spec-Ops units, Yea or Nay?  They'd have a sort of character advancement, not exactly the same as the one in Campaign Paradiso, but similar.  They'd also be subject to permadeath if wounded beyond incapacitated.

• Like 1

Yeah, spec ops would be very cool. I also like the idea of using casevac and cubevac rules. I have heard some folks play where the death of a mini reduces the Ava of that troop for the rest of the campaign. I like that idea, as it would give a reason for force preservation and also encourage variation and experimentation. There should probably be a way to regain Ava by spending campaign resources or achieving secondRy objectives or something.

Now that I've thought of it, I will almost definitely play haqqislam.

I like that way of handling AVA.  It'd really give a good kick in the pants to sectorals with their various Total troops.  I'll just have to figure out how to track that.  I've already got a way to buy it back, so that's no problem whatsoever.

Casevac, Cubevac, Journalists as mobile camera units, all that.

As a brief explanation to new players and those who have not read the Campaign Paradiso book:

In the Infinity campaign rules there are two ways of making sure that your troops do not die on the battlefield.  One is CasEvac (Casualty Evacuation) which is the matter of carrying your downed troops off the field.  This is done with high strength characters throwing comrades over their shoulders, and varous Remote bots that have the Baggage skill.  So if your dudes get shot, you can load them up on the truck and bag it.  After the game, you roll on the chart to see if they lived or died.

CubEvac is the same kind of thing, except it applies to models who don't make it even through CasEvac, so long as they have a Cube (personality wetware).  It's a check to see whether their personality/experience can be downloaded to a new body (assuming that you have the resources to perform the operation).  It's the next stage of trauma surgery.

Spec Ops models (there's one for each faction, and special, named Spec Ops characters in the Dire Foes sets) essentially gain XP as they survive missions, allowing them to boost their stats and gain skills and equipment.  But fail your CasEvac/CubEvac and you lose all they've gained.

Journalist models give you bonuses on the after-game results rolls and also have minor utility in an actual game.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for you Fix: Have you decided whether mercenaries will be legal to field in this campaign?

It just occurred to me that I never answered you on this.  Yes, mercs will be allowed, but to field them you will have to be in possession of Contract tokens and will only be able to take as many as you have tokens to cover.

• Like 1

Also, have you thought about what day of the week to do this?  Tuesdays are pretty dang busy with X-wng and 40k - might we try Wednesdays or Thursdays?

If so, I would unfortunately not be able to participate. My family life has revolved around Tuesdays being sacrosanct for the past 8 years. Plus, Tuesdays are Warhamster nights. We decide what gets played. If folks are playing Xwing, great! Those little boards can travel to the front room without any problem if we need the space.

I was pretty sure we had changed what night was game night once or twice in the last couple of years... I could be wrong.  I seem to remember having to get used to different NYPizza specials.

In any case, I'm sure we can game whenever with player organization.  I was just thinking that if we wanted to have most of the games happening at the same time, we might want to find a less busy night.

N

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.