Gauging interest in an Infinity Campaign

Fix

So I'm thinking about running another Infinity campaign similar to the one we ran a couple years ago.  Tokens and resource tracking, reputation and hidden goals, all that good stuff.  It'll be expanded to have goals and abilities specific to not only the vanilla armies but might beholden you to a particular Sectoral if multiple people want to play the same force.

It'll be another short one, probably launching around the time of the new edition (September, I think we can try to start up after OFCC is over and done with), and running hopefully 6-8 weeks.

What I'm trying to get is an idea of how many people would be interested in playing, and would be willing to front about $15-20 for a buy-in for materials, with the understanding that everyone would get a few models out of it as well.

• Like 1

Yes. Hell yes. 100 times yes. Nomads.

I could do all Bakunin or all Coregidor if need be, but really like the flexibility of full Nomads. Or,being able to switch freely between Bakunin, Coregidor, and Nomads. But if I had to choose, I would forsake link teams for Nomads.

Definitely in!  Hard to say what I would play before 3rd ed comes out, but in fo shizzle.

I could warp up that second model for you by then, also.

I really had a fun time last time, and if you are looking for for constructives on the campaign itself, I have a few, starting with 'it was awesome'. 

N

Paint models! Pffft is that required?

If you play all neoterra with TO Camo, then all you need is your clear resin Sedition Wars stuff, and bang, done.

Unless someone hits you with a flamer and burns off all your camo gear.  Of course, grey plastic wouldn't be entirely out of line then.

• Like 1

That was so censored I have no idea what the [big bad swear word] you are saying.

Though if you're legit playing Yu Jing, I'd be less worried about Paradiso proper than I would about the ex-military hospitals converted to black site alien prisoner containment facilities you are running on Paradiso's moons, you horrible person, you.  We know about the biological research you were carrying out there, and yeah, it totally seems legit because of the constant threat of Shasvastii invasion, but still, you pretty much lock up and chemically torture Nipponese dissidents and disappeared Triad gang leaders on that same moon and who's to say that that won't join forces to pretty much become the best prison caper movie ever?

No one, that's who.

By which, of course, I mean that you're the only ones with the forward operating facilities to properly capture, keep and interrogate the EI threat to humanity, but you only have that because you secretly turned your own dissidents into bombs and everybody knows it.

It must be great to rule over a people who are so confused about who to be scared of they just default to you, eh, Kevin?  Eh?

Or maybe you're more of the Niponese vein of freedom fighters rejecting this top down control from the man-child emperor.  Are you of the practiced zen school Kempetai?  Or are you a common terrorist thug Tatenokai?

(Infinity fluff owns.  Read Infinity fluff.)

• Like 1

Settle down there, Brad!

Never!

I'm picturing some young hotshot Arogoto punk who ran down the wrong party official's kid breaking out with the help of a haggard former Golden Dagger Society street boss with (out of date, he's been here a while) power suit experience bent on revenge against the Emperor, and also the member of a rival bike gang who is revealed to have been replaced by a Speculo Killer who was being interrogated chemically in the adjacent cell!  They've all killed people, but some regret it more than others.  The one most remorseful may surprise you!  Intrigue!

• Like 1

Yeah, it'd be a good idea for anyone who has not played it before to get a couple of games under their belt before the start of the campaign, because there will be some rule-altering metagame stuff going on.

I will run Combined Army as a filler for when we have uneven matchups.

Edit:  Here's a link to the old campaign.  There will be differences this time around, but the resource token/camera/reputation models in here will form the basis of the metagame rules.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21582905/When%20Worlds%20Collide/When%20Worlds%20Collide%20200.pdf

• Like 2

Never!

I'm picturing some young hotshot Arogoto punk who ran down the wrong party official's kid breaking out with the help of a haggard former Golden Dagger Society street boss with (out of date, he's been here a while) power suit experience bent on revenge against the Emperor, and also the member of a rival bike gang who is revealed to have been replaced by a Speculo Killer who was being interrogated chemically in the adjacent cell!  They've all killed people, but some regret it more than others.  The one most remorseful may surprise you!  Intrigue!

sing it, brother

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.