Gauging interest in an Infinity Campaign

Fix

I've dabbled with adding days and moving other games around a bit but yep like Jim said Tuesday has always been club night

Edit to actually add to the conversation. Take me out of the head count. I could play but I think I'm going to focus on fantasy for the tourney... Can't spread myself to thin. If you need a pan-o you could convince me but I like to set bars low!

• Like 1

Joey is your man, there.  I believe they have good access to camo, so they can do a sneaky force, they also have good bs and wp and one of the coolest guns in the game - the plasma rifle!  Nearly all armies can do everything, just some factions are better at it than others.  

Some of the unique things they have going for them are:

-Impersonation (only they & haqq have this)

-Plasma rifles 

-Sepsitor (A WP attack that can possess enemy troops and make them yours!)

-Seed soldiers (troops that deploy as markers, and then can be 'birthed' with an order or automatically grow on the 2nd turn

If you haven't already, check out the official Infinity the game forums. It has problems handling traffic right now, but it has really good faction-specific guides.

http://infinitythegame.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19322-a-combined-combined-army-guide/

N

As I have said before about CA, they are the jack of all trades but also the total master of all trades. They can do everything really well. They have some of the most intensely specialized troops in the game. If someone is a stealth sniper, he is a really damn good stealth sniper. If someone is a hardcore assault troop, he absolutely rocks at it. They are just flat out great at everything they do without really much in the way of weaknesses other than possibly being over specialized in some situations and their point cost. They tend to be very elite. Morats are your no nonsense assault and CQC group. They have good physical and have good armor and assault/heavy weapons, they also raise your retreat threshold due to them being ultra courageous and inspirational to their alien allies. The Shasvastii are the super sneaky hit and run sniper or advanced scout element of the CA. They have tons of camo and harassment abilities. There are also the Exrah which are incredibly fast and mobile assault bug aliens. One of my favorite troops in the game is the vector operator. He has such an absurd combination of special abilities that I find it hard to not take him. Being able to move faster than everything else other than a bike while being able to effortlessly jump over terrain all the while screened with light camo, having a visor to see through enemies camo and wearing great armor while toting a heavy machine gun makes him super powerful. Then you have the EI aspects. They are some of the best heavy infantry in the game. In fact they probably are the best heavy infantry in the game. The only person that even comes close is Achilles. They have amazing stats, unique and powerful weapons (including the plasma rifle and sepsitor which are unique to CA) and super powerful special rules including the ability for their leadership capability to be automatically transferred to one of your other troops automatically upon their death. Other armies have to waste an entire turn to get their command structure reestablished. CA when led by an EI aspect will never ever be in the loss of lieutenant state which is incredibly powerful.

In short they are super elite mega badasses with great abilities all over the place and several unique things that every other faction wishes they had. Damn now I want to play CA instead of Tohaa.

So I started a thread over in the official Infinity forums fishing for more ideas on making cool interactive elements for the game, and sharing some of the stuff we've come up with.  This is a suggestion for further developing the cameras rule that I really liked:

Another potential ability they have is to make discover rolls on anyone passing by, and/or be controlled by a player who hacks them or a relevant security terminal

I don't think I would allow the discover roll for an uncontrolled camera, but if the camera was being hacked/monitored I think it is totally legit. 

• Like 1

So I started a thread over in the official Infinity forums fishing for more ideas on making cool interactive elements for the game, and sharing some of the stuff we've come up with.  This is a suggestion for further developing the cameras rule that I really liked:

I don't think I would allow the discover roll for an uncontrolled camera, but if the camera was being hacked/monitored I think it is totally legit. 

I don't know how they worked last time but I like the sound of this. I'm also not opposed to uncontrolled cameras causing discover rolls if they are a certain type of camera. Say we have 3 types. Cameras there for preventing public malfeasance, Cameras that start "neutral" and can be hacked, and Cameras that can be placed by hackers which cause discover rolls and inflict a penalty if discovered (which can obviously be hacked & used against the faction that planted them.

Just tossing out ideas. I haven't played a lot of Infinity yet but I really enjoy the games I've played and love it's universe.

I like it.  You could also just do a scenario where the uncontrolled cameras can still try to discover (say there is a section of a building both sides are trying to break into) and could reveal camo if you pass through that zone, at which point you'd need to hack the camera network to destroy evidence as per normal.

Also maybe toy around with the idea of equipping journos with deployable cameras  in the way that you might use deployable repeaters.  Journos are definitely counting as cameras in their own right.

• Like 1

Beware Journos with cubes! They will report your nefarious deeds!

Pfft.  Like any journo could afford the cost of resurrection.

Though that would make for a pretty killer story, where some observer of an event gets their gear hacked or flash pulsed or something and the powers that be expedite the resurrection process in order to get the real story.

Cocky news warrior is just out there strutting around the field all "come at me bro, that's a prime time war crime."  Up until the point someone points an eMarat at his head.

Lol.  Anderson Cooper went and got sepsitorized.  No one has noticed any change.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.