Machines that Kill II: Kill You Harder (Starts on Pg.4)

WestRider

For those who didn't get a chance to see them in person, I got better pics of some of them last night. Unfortunately, I dropped my WarpSmith and broke him as I was unpacking everything, but at least he made it through the weekend. Pictures of him, Kharne, the Land Raider, and the Hounds will come later, after a bit more work. Here are the MaulerFiends, Mayhem Pack, and Spawn for now:

DSCN1821_zpsed14696f.jpg

DSCN1808_zps657115c1.jpg

DSCN1814_zps034fc84b.jpg

DSCN1810_zps5b8d4c64.jpg

• 11 months later...

The stuff I'm doing right now for the Elvensword is actually moving away from the machine theme a bit, since I got a bunch of 4th Ed BloodLetters and Flesh Hounds that I really like, and they're metal, so more trouble than I want to deal with to convert so extensively. I've got most of the basic painting done on the new Flesh Hounds, hopefully I'll get some pics this afternoon or tomorrow.

The new Chosen and JuggerLord do have more techno-organic stuff, but they're lower priority, since I have Models that I can use for them, even if they're not quite as cool.

I'm thinking the Culties aren't going to have any actual cyber bits, but they'll have cogs and stuff as talismans, hoping that they'll someday gain enough favour to get some bionics. Then there will be the Daemons freshly drawn by the bloodshed, and so not taken over by the machine stuff. Finally, the core will be the techno-organic stuff that I started from. Need to get a Soul Grinder or three as well, they're pretty much perfect for the theme fluff/model-wise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My Kytan is starting to come together. I've got more done now, but haven't taken pics yet. It was kind of awkward, because I did the Terrain first, and then had to build up from the feet for it to actually stand on there, and I didn't get the angle quite right when I was gluing in the right ankle, so by the time I made it up to the waist, things weren't quite lining up the way FW intended them to. It's still looking pretty cool tho. More pics tomorrow, after I make sure all the greenstuff work is done and it's all solid.

DSCN1941.JPG

• Like 2

Blood Claws: Brave, but foolish

DSCN1947.JPG

Hey, pick on someone your own size!

DSCN1948.JPG

Magged on an alternate gun to use it as a Khorne Knight Errant. It's not quite right, but there's no Knight with a Plasma weapon, and only one with a main energy weapon, and it's pretty clearly different from the Kytan gun (and will be even more so once painted):

DSCN1942.JPG

More and larger pics up on my blog.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

You may have noticed that there hasn't been any progress shown here. That's because, shortly after that last post, this happened:

DSCN1952.JPG

Turns out that the balcony where I prime can get hot enough to soften FW resin. This kind of put a crimp in my motivation to work on it for a while. Finally got around to working on it over the weekend, and got it more or less fixed and the basecoat down:

DSCN1991.JPG

I straightened one leg out with some boiling water, but left the other warped because it let me break a couple of joints and get a better position on the hips, plus it looks kind of cool, in a "@%$& you, laws of physics, I'm a daemon" sort of way:

DSCN1997.JPG

Moar pics up at the blog.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love how they are big bad mean demons on a beautiful green grass. You should add little pretty flowers

There's also a bunch of bare stone, and the stream is all muddy and gross. That said, I was really considering it when I made an order with Woodland Scenics, but they were out of stock.

It looks like you were able to successfully paint a khorne rune on the fex head!  :D  

Soooo sorry to see what happened to the Kytan.  [big bad swear word]ing Brutal.

Thanks! I'd say more semi-successfully, tho. It's less clear than I wanted, but more or less still works. And yeah, that incident with the melting sucked hardcore. Very not fun, even tho it was fixable.

• Like 1