Machines that Kill II: Kill You Harder (Starts on Pg.4)

WestRider

Yeah, that really threw me for a bit. Also, on checking them after the second coat, I noticed that actually dipping them in the quickshade was an even worse idea than I'd first thought. Most of them have at least one or two places where it's completely filled and obliterated some detail. Definitely brushing on from here on out.

It always frustrates me when the manufacturer's guidelines for how to use something actually produce bad results :P

Still no real difference that would show up in pics (Stippling on tons of layers, camera doesn't catch the progress well), but I got a lot of layers done on the skin tones on the two MaulerFiends I'm working on. Need to go back to a smaller brush for the Hellbrutes, tho, I nearly screwed up a bunch of the trim trying to stipple them with the same brush I'm using on the Fiends.

OK, little more than a week left. Everything wants more work, but I'm switching over to "get it fieldable" mode until everything's there. Current status:

Usable:

6 Berzerkers

JuggerLord

10 Khorne Dogs

5 Spawn

2 Helbrutes

2 MaulerFiends

Primed:

Kharne

WarpSmith

6 Khorne Dogs

1 MaulerFiend

Awaiting one last touch-up with Liquid Greenstuff this evening and then getting Primed tomorrow:

1 Helbrute

Land Raider

That's not actually that bad, given that the paint job for the Land Raider is mostly pretty easy.

• Like 3

Primer wasn't quite ready to paint over last night, so I did some more work on the Helbrutes and Spawn. There's maybe half an hour of clean-up that I still want to do here, then basing, and Brother Zebediah still needs a few more details picked out, because he's the most complex of them, but maybe another hour or so worth of work, and I've got these guys, the first 10 Hounds, the JuggerLord, and the Berzerkers where I want them to be.

DSCN1803_zps048a5a9f.jpg

Tonight's goal is to get the last 6 Hounds, Kharne, and maybe the WarpSmith at least minimally done. Then get the last MaulerFiend started, and do the finish on all three of those at the same time. Hopefully by then, I'll get another clear day, because ain't no priming getting done in this weather, and I've still got those last two to go.

Ugh. Didn't get nearly as much done as I'd hoped tonight. Mostly my own fault. If I ever have to paint Kharne again, I'm leaving the backpack off. No matter what order you paint it in, you have to reach through some really obnoxious gaps surrounded by another colour with that on.

Still, got like halfway on the Hounds, and better than halfway on Kharne, so I'm OK with it.

• Like 2

Wow. It's amazing how sometimes, one colour can pull a whole model together. I was despairing over these MaulerFiends, they just weren't coming together, and then I did the bone on the spikes and bam!, they work now. Still need some touch up on the metal, and I want to get some glowy red on the Magma Cutters, but I really wouldn't mind fielding them as they are right now.

Should get the touch-up done here soon, and then the Magma Cutters and some pics this morning. Then it's just one each of MaulerFiend, Helbrute, and Land Raider left, plus the Objective Markers, which are easy.

• Like 3

Just a crappy phone pic, but still, more progress:

IMG0067A_zps2fae53bf.jpg

You're selling yourself short - this isn't just a crappy cellphone picture. It might be the crappiest cellphone picture ever taken!  :smile:

I love the concept, and if the other shots are anything to judge it by, this is going to look rad on the table. Looking forward to seeing Doc Oc in action this weekend!

I don't do anything by halves. If I'm going to do something crappy, I'm going to go all the way with it ;)

My phone is some $50 flip-top. I don't even know why they included a camera at all at that price point. But I've got it, so I use it. They do look way better in person, and I'm really looking forward to getting to show them off properly.

• Like 2