End Times Tomb Kings list

Here it is. This is the 2.5 k army I will be building towards:

Tomb King w/fencer's blades, glittering scales, talisman of endurance, ironcurse icon

Liche Priest w/lore of undeath, level 4, staff of sorcery

Necrotect w/armor of destiny

Liche Priest w/lore of light, level 2

Liche Priest w/lore of light, dispel scroll

50 skeleton warriors w/full command

20 skeleton archers w/musician, standard

20 skeleton archers w/musician, standard

5 skeleton horse archers

5 skeleton horse archers

6 necropolis knights

Khemrian warsphinx w/fiery roar

Necroshpinx

Screaming skull catapult

Screaming skull catapult

The idea is to use lore of undeath to get me some more units on the table while the light wizards deal with chaff and buff where neccessary. The Tomb King and Necrotech join the skeleton warriors which gives the warriors WS10 and the unit hatred. The catapults helpfully thin some units out and panic low LD away from my main battle lines. The block of warriors form my center and then get flanked by the constructs. I like the concept for the list. Marchin a TK army for combat just sounds awesome!

I'll have to double check that. Even so, most units hit on 4's instead of 3's which will still reduce the number of hits scored. A unit of 50 is hard to shift. The Tomb King will be hit on 6's by anything without WS5 or a fixed to hit number and most things will be hitting him on 5's. He's still base S5 with 5 attacks and his unit is onl their to hold an enemy unit in place to receive a counter charge from the snake knights or warsphinx.

Plus, the idea is to move the lore of undeath bunker up behind the unit so that when I am able to get a good unit to pop up it will be in flanking support for the warrior unit. A unit of 5 blood knight or a nice unit of varghiests will cause problems late game.

Tomb kings only just because?

Everytime I look at a Undead ET list I have a really hard time going past a Crypt Horror double unit base with a Casket and 2 Catapults backing them up. Add Screams, Death magic and Skele horsement archers and Fell bats to chaff people up and there you are.

I wanted to build a tomb kings army and I went with all tomb kings starting on the table and then by using lore of undeath I can bring out other options. I wanted my army themed around constructs but I can't get them through core options.

I thought there was an FAQ that said it was in modified weapon skill that gets passed to the troops.

Yes, I just looked at the FAQ, and it's the unmodified WS which is passed to the unit. On one hand, that sucks; however, I could see why they FAQ'd that.  Oh well, I'm still excited for this army.  I will even get to purchase and paint other models in the hopes of getting them on the table through the use of Lore of Undeath.

What's the thought process behind light wizards? I see the one listed as a level 2. What level is the other one?

I like the buff spells and the signature spell is good for clearing chaff as I will have the option for 3 shem's. The second wizard is only a level 1. If I can buff up the necro knights, they will be hard to deal with.

The lore of Nek hasn't changed. Just use Lore of Vampire wizards and problem solved.

That is incorrect. You can heal from lore of nehekhara or lore of vampires; however there are still restrictions on how many wounds can be healed on a unit. Actually, if you are using the legion of undead rules and you are using hexwraiths you can only heal a single wound to the unit. They worded it as unit of ethereals. You can still only heal a single wound on characters and animated construct units.

That is incorrect. You can heal from lore of nehekhara or lore of vampires; however there are still restrictions on how many wounds can be healed on a unit. Actually, if you are using the legion of undead rules and you are using hexwraiths you can only heal a single wound to the unit. They worded it as unit of ethereals. You can still only heal a single wound on characters and animated construct units.

not seeing the incorrect in my statement. Just the failure to read it properly.

You said just use lore vampire casters and problem solved.  The raise dead spell has the same restriction as lore of nehekhara when cast on TK units and it is nerfed when casting on hexwraiths.

If you meant just spam necro wizards then yes I agree with you.  However, if that is what you meant then your statement was pretty unclear.  Just saying use Lore of Vampire wizards isn't really saying much other than use Lore of Vampire wizards.  What are you using them for?  Using raise dead to raise more models or spam lots of raise dead?

Ladies, no need to fight over this. Sheesh. So basically, the advantage of using Vampire or Undead lore is that TK can heal wounds more than once per magic phase. The number of wounds healed is still dictated by the restrictions of Undead rules. The advantage of having a TK lore wizard, is that you get the heal in addition to the other buff.

See? that wasn't so hard.

No.  I said that the lore of Nek has not changed, thus just as restrictive.  What most people like about the lore of Vampires is the fact that you can heal characters with the lore attribute. Which there was no chance of doing with the lore of Nek.  Brother G asked about healing, and whether it is just as restrictive.  It is.  At no point was my statement incorrect.

As far as the "nerf" to the hexwraiths, that is hard to swallow in my opinion. Just because they forgot to answer it back when they answered this question:

Q: For units such as Vargheists and Blood Knights (which are
Vampiric), does a successful casting of Invocation of Nehek enable
them to regain 1 Wound per model, or 1 Wound in total? (p60)
A: A Vampiric unit can never regain more than 1 Wound from
Invocation of Nehek.

Doesn't mean that you should of been playing them as if you could heal more than 1 wound total on the hexwraiths.  They lumped ethereal and vampires in with the restriction on the spell.  They just forgot to add ethereal to the FAQ.  And I doubt fantasy will get another FAQ/Errata revision.  I think you should of been playing them "nerfed" since that update personally.