Shirts?

ratrek

Yeah we're long overdue for a shirt order. If I were anything but a lame duck, I would've tried to get the ball rolling BEFORE the OFCC...

But if it pittifully drags one limp leg like a duck; and feebly chokes out a pathetic attempt at a quacking sound like a duck...

Re-elect Secak, 2014!  Four more years!  Two more years!  Where did he go!?  Why did he maim a duck and leave it in his chair?

• Like 2

Hold on a second you can do this yourself!? Awesome.

Yeah, sure.  I've got all the gear --  I've got several 24" x 24" screens, so I can do a really large design in pretty much any color on any t-shirt.

All I'd really need is a clean sample of the bayonet-hamster artwork in b&w and whatever text folks want, I can do all the design work on my computer.

• Like 1

I can spearhead a shirt order, if need be. Or nominate Kacy to do so, since he's the Treasurer these days.

Miles, not sure if it's worth the effort? We usually get a pretty good deal from Blue Cotton; works out to be no more than $10 a shirt. In the past, we've done white ink on whatever color folks wanted (they let us mix and match). With that said, I'm up for whatever. I don't know how much hassle it is to print 20 or 30 shirts.

If we want stuff, what design would we want? Classic hamster shirt? New school hamster design by Ravyn? Classic hamster in an oval, similar to our patch and what's on the shot glasses?or.... Something new?

We also need a new tag line (cue Evan, who usually comes up with the best quotes to hamsterize).

I was thinking about this today as I was doing some yard work in the rain, and I realized it may be a few months (like six) before I get a day sunny enough to make a screen -  the process uses a photosensitive emulsion, and I don't have powerful enough artificial lights.  So placing an order through a shop might be a better idea.

But typically, if you want to do varied colors, it's cheaper to do it by hand with a screen.  You can use the same screen for all kinds of different colors (you have to wash the screen after each run, which makes changing inks a snap), but I think when you do machine runs setting up a new color incurs an extra charge.

• Like 1

Quotes incoming:

Starting with my favorite:

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a warhamster."

Modified Alexander the Great, I hope you can figure out the original.

Or

"Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave warhamsters triumph in war."

Modified Some roman I think

Or

"warhamsters generally win battles; generals get credit for them."

Modified napolean

Or

"Discipline is simply the art of making the soldiers fear their officers more than the warhamsters"

Or

"The true warhamster fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

To make it consistent with the others, it should be hamster, not warhamster:

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a hamster."

Works great for me! Joey Secak, stop trying to take credit for other people's work. Evan was invoked. Evan has spoken.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.