Shield Your Baals!

WestRider

Combat squad the Marines and hide some you will want some back field blokes any way.

Can't use combat squads. Marines must start in transport, which isn't considered dedicated.

Talking about that raven formation, right?

Spending 420 pts on tacticals is the issue.

Spending any points on these makes me a sad panda. With the elite detachment I can still use allies to bring elements from the normal force org correct? I mean then I can bring some scouts, bikes, and perhaps a priest to round out the list. Thus you get some teleport homer help.

So interesting note. The formation says that you can assault if you arrive within 12" of 2 homers. Not that you have to use the homers. 

So turn 1: Fly on the board with your three SR. Drop pods with Dreads arrive within 12" of two of the homers. Profit?

I saw that, but it really doesn't seem intended. I think it will FAQed, if it isn't something else (like special teleport homer wording in the BA codex).

And how many codexes can do that?

It can be done. The big question is regarding events that ban certain options. As far as GW is concerned, FW is legal for normal play no differently than these formations are.

Though I keep wondering why apocalypse datasheets aren't being allowed. Seem downright balanced with some of the newer formation dataslates.

Hmmm....looks like you are correct, combat squads no longer requires dedicated transports to split.

Although an interesting note is that it does say one must declare combat squad arrangements prior to deployment. I don't think it means this, but as written, an opponent who deploys first could demand that you declare your combat squads prior to his deployment.