Beastmen 2.0

Let me specify.

My ungor also beat his goblins in combat and ran them down. The chariot beat his three trolls after a few rounds, then killed most of his war machines. The bulls account for his general, black orcs, shaman, BSB, and a rock lobba. And the black orcs were steadfast, but they failed to roll an 8.

The reason hero hammer works is because the beastmen book has it's best points spent in characters. Because of this, the adjustment to 50% lords and heroes brings the book up to the level of many others, instead of trailing behind as it did before (at least for me). Not every army has it's best points in lords/heroes, so I don't feel that a handful of armies being structured this way is true "hero hammer".

Besides, you know it takes more than a few stellar units to win games. If you can't make every unit in your list useful then a good general will beat you every time.

Yeah my goblins failed there net check and do could not do the wounds to win combat and they had already made 2 LD 5 checks so I'm OK with that. I also broke his doom bull in combat but could not catch him. My general failed a 9 rerollable and charged into his flying doom bull with the wyvern and the wyvern got promptly killed out from under him opening himself up to stomps. Overall a very good game. I just should have abandoned the left flank and flew my general over to support the night goblins is combat

I'm thinking that I have had such good luck with them that this was bound to happen one time. My warmachines also only one round of shooting in between the four of them due to that dark rain and the misfires. I think I had 3 direct hits that rolled into misfire. That did not help in taking down the doom bulls or killing those PD generating casters

• 2 months later...

Beasts performed admirably at the OFCC, taking in two wins, a draw, and a loss.   It could have been three wins, but I forgot to bring the lease on my flying bull and he caused me a last-turn draw against DP's dwarfs.  

Still, I'm glad I didn't bring the team down too much as we got best generals.   Go team Rampage!

Thanks to everyone involved, now it's time for the beasts to be daemons for awhile.  Might even try out some of this Age of Sigmar bullocks and see how it goes.

• Like 2

Beasts performed admirably at the OFCC, taking in two wins, a draw, and a loss.   It could have been three wins, but I forgot to bring the lease on my flying bull and he caused me a last-turn draw against DP's dwarfs.  

Still, I'm glad I didn't bring the team down too much as we got best generals.   Go team Rampage!

Thanks to everyone involved, now it's time for the beasts to be daemons for awhile.  Might even try out some of this Age of Sigmar bullocks and see how it goes.

your team got best generals but our team beat your team muwahaha bragging rights :P  and I WON BY 7 POINTS THERE ARE NO DRAWS GIVE ME MY VICTORY!!!!(JK!) :biggrin:

... i forgot to kick sylvos in the nutts for that scree slope.  scree slope + miasma = picnic for the longbeards on the hill!