The Mile has ended

Hey Hamsters, I just want to cap off and put a crazy night to rest. The golden mile was successfully completed. 

Let me address that there were some harsh moments that were had by certain parties and trust me when I say that this is being dealt with. Those that know understand and it's being resolved, but I want to take a quick look outside the scope of those events because aside from those issues this was one of the best Golden Miles I have ever been on. Granted I have only ever truly been on two but nonetheless awesome. 

We did it guys and girls. 12 bars, 12 pints, 12 texts from brad making me believe that he was so close behind us. Damn you. But what a blast. 15 (occasionally more or less depending on moment) hamsters moving bar to bar indulging their alcoholism. But the real discovery is that fact that Jim Graham is the next person to have CSI episode written about his life. That's right. Jim was voted the most likely warhamster to be serial killer. Though Kevin had a real solid argument for himself he was only able to secure a strong 4th place. What beat him was "guy who only works at hardware stores (Andy)" and then "creepy glasses" Kacy came in a solid second place. However the fact that Jim is a Doctorate in psychology, teaches at WWU and only sleeps on the floors of hotels, well......Me thinks thou doth protest too much. 

A night couldn't be a night without Kevin puking right on cue. And Shaun, great to see you out and having fun. Even though you were so drunk that a doctor could have legally pronounced you dead. Sorry Duncan, the park was a little to light out for you to defend your reigning championship of Hobo Heart crushing. However something I haven't brought up and just remembered was, what was with the American Idol tryout in the park. Not to be a jerk but that guy might want to keep his day job. 

All and all to everyone who attended thanks a million. It was an epic night. To everyone who didn't go, you missed out on a real memory. And Eli, if you dream hard enough and work even harder, one day you are going to walk the streets with us. 

• Like 4

Whoops my bad. There was a moment there where you looked pretty bad and ran out quick, I just assumed because statistically.....well it could have also been the 12 stouts I had prior.

I mean...I suppose I might have a few lapses in memory. My stomach is kinda sore... Where did I disappear from?

• Like 1

On that note it wasn't the straws fault it was the challenge set in front of me, I'm not one to back down but I realize I should have from this one. Challenge me to stay drunk all weekend totally doable I'll plan my intake and be marginally responsible. Set forth a challenge to keep up with a wide variety of tolerance levels, nota good choice for me. I'm far too easily swayed. I want to take a moment to apologize for what I must accept were my actions I wish I could speak personally to them but I can not.

Know that I will not participate in future golden miles as it has proven unwise for me to do so. Unless I purposefully cut it in half kudos to those of you who could see these facts and planned for them in various ways.

• Like 2

That is a lot of attrition

I made it to the end, but didn't stay at NYP. We got pretty spread out by the end. And by "made it to the end" I mean spent the last 3 or so hours drinking water. I had a very relaxing and pleasant Sunday that was only slightly soured by having to get up and pee every 5 minutes the night before. Y'all need to take better care of yourselves, is what I'm saying.

• Like 1

Loren was definitely there. My wife had to keep reminding me that there were cookies and nachos at home, because I just wanted to stand outiside NYP and talk to Loren. (Love ya, buddy!)

Love and respect Brother.  I made it to NYP, saw much, heard much, took a taxi home, spent Sunday avoiding my house guest, the maid of honor from my wedding and wifes best friend, until it was time to watch the walking dead finale (sp).

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.