God forbid! Im excited for 9th ed.

Yes. GW's practices have pissed me off for a while. The destruction of their lore because they out priced their customers is inexcusable.

I choose to speak my dissatisfaction with my wallet.

Sadly, that's what it comes down to - they only listen to $ (or pounds, or euros, or whatever).

Before I moved, I lived two blocks from a GW store, but very, very rarely bought anything there. eBay was my friend. I supported my FLGS when I could, buying non-GW stuff there as regularly as I could.

After having run a store of my own for 3 years back in the 90's, and dealing directly with GW staffers, I honestly thought they'd be hurting pretty badly by now, I am just glad not all companies run like they do.

I for one am glad that they blew up the world. The WHFB lore has been stale for years, the clock stuck at 5 minutes to midnight. It was badly in need of a shakeup.

Current rumours also almost all point towards a skirmish game IN PARALLEL WITH the current mass battle game, to be used as an entry point. People need to chill. I'll put good money down at this point that 9th is going to be just as good as 8th is.

• Like 2

well, if more people would play KoW, then we could probably have a tournament. In fact, Mantic actually hosts cash prizes for their big KoW tournaments. I can't force people to play a game though. All I can do is keep offering to teach. Hopefully when 2.0 is officailly release we will see a greater interest.

Yes, we know you hate GW. All hail the savior of gaming Mantic.  Let's bleed negativity onto a thread about the upcoming edition for no reason other than to be a curmudgeon.

• Like 3

well, if more people would play KoW, then we could probably have a tournament. In fact, Mantic actually hosts cash prizes for their big KoW tournaments. I can't force people to play a game though. All I can do is keep offering to teach. Hopefully when 2.0 is officailly release we will see a greater interest.

I've heard that 2,0 will have armies 'similar' to GW armies... if they have rules for a rat-man army in 2.0, I would at least be willing to try it out. :)

But I'll be one of the first in line to see WH's new edition still. If the rumors are right and they include a 'skirmish' version that is similar to LotR, I will be in heaven!

• Like 2

Or you could learn to read Sylvos. People have asked me questions and I have answered them. Or should the forum only be for people that think like you do and have the same opinions? Feel free to start up your own positive GW threads and you can bask in the glow. :)

Last time I READ the title of this thread it was about being excited for 9th so maybe you should heed your own advice and start your own thread;-)

• Like 1

Last time I READ the title of this thread it was about being excited for 9th so maybe you should heed your own advice and start your own thread;-)

Yes, and I did nothing to bad mouth GW in my first post. I merely made the statement that this was the first version of Fantasy that I wasn't going to buy. But you fanboi's don't actually care about little things like the facts. Your blind loyalty to GW is really quite something. Careful there, you have a little bit of GW's scortched earth on your nose....

Yes, and I did nothing to bad mouth GW in my first post. I merely made the statement that this was the first version of Fantasy that I wasn't going to buy. But you fanboi's don't actually care about little things like the facts. Your blind loyalty to GW is really quite something. Careful there, you have a little bit of GW's scortched earth on your nose....

giphy.gif