Seth's yu jing hobby progress

Ogre Seth

I was able to make some assembly progress today. Assembled the sniper, a missile launcher, a warcore merc and a JSA helper team. Also one nifty little robot... Might have tital reaction :) the Assembly has been going pretty well. I've been using hot melt glue to temporally attachment to the basis and also green stuff balls in every joint which has been working pretty well to hold stuff in place while glues

• Like 1

The bare arms on the kuang shi look awesome.

It makes them appear more intimidating and primal, like a caged beast. Very fitting given their lore and combat role.

Thanks Scipiano :) As usual, if the paint theme implies a depth of intention... well I guess i got lucky then :) The reality of my thought process was probably more like... "sure, lets slap some more brown tone right there.." :)

Thanks Scipiano :) As usual, if the paint theme implies a depth of intention... well I guess i got lucky then :) The reality of my thought process was probably more like... "sure, lets slap some more brown tone right there.." :)

Don't be so humble, we all know that you are seeking deep metaphorical and philosophical meaning with your paint scheme.  :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

thx Peanut :)

So, this terrain project is retrofitting one of Rudra's buildings. It has been a fun challenge and I hope to continue to find success so I can do more. The pictures above include a 6 led ground effects retro-fit (the sixth one is inside the smoke stack :). I was glad to see that this proved my concept of circuit design, and that the LED's put out enough light to be interesting even in well lit rooms. The pictures seen above show the circuit running off of a 4xAAA DC power supply. However, the next stage (and challenge) will be to add to this circuit the needed components to handle a solar panel power supply. The problem with the solar panes is two fold. 1) The DC voltage output is variable (unlike the stable battery pack) and therefore plays havoc with determining proper resistance due to V=IR (ohms law). -I know you are finding this riveting to read :)-. 2) the number of solar panels needed to generate enough voltage to overcome the v-drop of the LED's is significant enough that I have to find a way to creatively model it. I can just slap a 2"x2" mini panel on and expect to get 5-8 volts in most lighting conditions. These hurdles are really part of why I'm enjoying this project. I have enjoyed brushing up on my circuitry know how, and wracking my brain for solutions. 

Let me just say what everyone is thinking... It is so fun to play a game where terrain matters and is fun to have in abundance (instead of  a hassle). 

anyway... back to designing a voltage regulation circuit with boost inductance...

Seth

• Like 1

Freaking cool, but will card board last to wear?

my concern as well.. i havn't yet run out to buy some foam core... so we will see. Thankfully Rudra is doing a stuco layer over all the building surfaces. I'm hoping this will give it some toughness. I'm thinking of this first trial as just finding out what process I need to fix. So next time, I may very well be building with plascard and other more rugged materials.

• Like 1