New GW Blood Bowl Models and Concept Art!

savion47

I wonder if there will be more special rules for balls. Pitch isn't gridded. I hope we don't move to ruler range.

Doubtful. It would seem pretty wacky considering tz's & other mechanics to use rulers to move.

It's probable that a lot of the rule changes will be plasmoids stuff that's been playtested. TV++, some minor roster changes, dirty player gets a buff, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new stuff came out at some sort of Warhammer Fest today

http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/warhammer-fest-2016-part-one-blood-bowl.html?m=1

Highlights:

• Hoping to be released before end of this year
  • No changes to core rules - though there seems to be a 16-sided die
  • Orcs and Humans in box with Skaven, Dwarf, Nurgle and Elf teams released as well (with plastic models)
  • The squares in the grid will be bigger meaning a bigger pitch board and new templates to accommodate that.
  • Several possible expansions if sales are good
  • Like 2

Some new stuff came out at some sort of Warhammer Fest today

http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/warhammer-fest-2016-part-one-blood-bowl.html?m=1

Highlights:

• Hoping to be released before end of this year
  • No changes to core rules - though there seems to be a 16-sided die
  • Orcs and Humans in box with Skaven, Dwarf, Nurgle and Elf teams released as well (with plastic models)
  • The squares in the grid will be bigger meaning a bigger pitch board and new templates to accommodate that.
  • Several possible expansions if sales are good

Sided dice is for MVP or some random events that affect more than a d6/d8 can accomadate

• 2 weeks later...

Having just got back from Bugman's XXXXXX League Cup yesterday I have to say it was a huge amount of fun (not just because I won something!). Chatting with Andy Hoare and the other guys there gave me a huge amount of faith and confidence in what they want to achieve. No guarantees of course that some corporate suit won't throw a hand grenade in . . . . but it feels like Andy is a safe pair of hands.

A lot of what is known about the new box game has been posted everywhere so nor a lot for me to add. The only new to me bits I picked up were . . . .

1. There are 2 special play decks in the core game and likely to be one or two more added per expansion. They are a cut down version of existing decks i.e. 10 cards and not 13 cards

2. No Zara! Andy isn't a fan of Zara so she is for the chop but a new female star player is incoming in an expansion

3. There will be new teams and Chaos Pact will most likely make an appearance. However, new teams and Pact will most likely be in a later 'Chaos League' expansion which will be special rules for running a competition with various daemon teams and the like in.

• Like 1