What not to do before a tournament

Ogre Seth

So, what is so tempting to us gamers that would drive us to error 2 weeks before a tournament? I'll tell you what... 

For the last month I have been debating, dragging my feet, and generally spinning the hamster-wheel I call a brain about starting a new army. To make matters worse, if I was going to start a new army I wanted to have it table-top ready by rampage. As the Christmas season passed and family flew out of town, the craze of plastic-crack came over me. 2 weeks before Rampage I made my new-years resolution: I would buy a whole new army and have it painted to table-top standard by tournament time... So, generally not advisable :) ... but what can I say... the gamer crazy took over. :)

The models arrived with 8 days till Rampage... :)

its only 19 models... how hard could it be? -lol- 

Pictures to come,

Seth

P.S. "A sucker is born every time tournament season rolls around" :)

• Like 1

I waited for the black wash to dry (have you ever had that problem of washes bleeding into each other if not fully dry? I dislike that).

And then I applied a red wash over the orange bad coat armor (I do prefer to use a wash in the same hue as the base coat most of the time.)

Ultimately I think I still want to highlight the armor more to the bright orange department, but that's for later. Now I have to look ahead and decide on a basing scheme.

post-1692-0-20577100-1452658208_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you all, for your encouragement and rooting me on. It has been fun to share this little adventure with you all, and  I'm excited about the rampage. I have to paint up the bases, but I'm happy with this army for now. During the escalation league I plan on working on the details and highlights.

As for playing this force... well, rampage will be my first experiment with them..  so I imagine i will take some good lumps. :) 

• Like 2