Tyranid TSHFT Open

PumpkinHead

I am debating on lists for TSHFT Open.  I pretty much plan on playing at the top table from rounds 2-6... :p  I can't decide which list I like better. So I figured I would get some input.

List 1: This list gives me 10 points to play with and helps give the B Heirodule a melee unit to help deter those that are wanting to charge him. But really has no way to deal with invisible units.

CAD

Flyrant w/ egrubs

Flyrant w/ egrubs

malanthrope

mucolid spore

ripper swarms w/ ds

Hive Crone

B. Heirodule

CAD

Flyrant w/ egrubs

ripper swarms w/ ds

10 Tgaunts

toxicrene

List 2: This list has 45 points to play with. It has no baby sitter to go with the B Heirodule, but has 2 mawlocs to hopefully do some good damage.

CAD

Flyrant w/ egrubs

Flyrant w/ egrubs

malanthrope

mucolid spore

ripper swarms w/ ds

Mawloc

Mawloc

B. Heirodule

CAD

Flyrant w/ egrubs

ripper swarms w/ ds

10 Tgaunts

• Like 1

Both lists seem like they are only taking the CAD for the third HQ slot, so you would benefit a lot from using the Leviathan detachment to avoid troop taxes. Means you lose ObSec, but with tiny units like yours that really won't matter anyways.

The second list is definitely better, though. Maybe use the points saved on troops to get a couple Biovores or some other support unit?

If I go Leviathan I think my list would look like the following. I think I would give up my unit of gaunts for another lictor to double my chances of them being useful for the mawlocs.

Flyrant w/ egrubs

Flyrant w/ egrubs

Flyrant w/ egrubs

malanthrope

lictor

lictor

mucolid

rippers w/ DS

rippers

mawloc

mawloc

B. Heirodule

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After going 2-3-1 at TSHFT I have learned the need for more obsec troops, and more boots on the ground. So now I am leaning towards the following list.  It gives me 3 obsec units that can come back, maintains my B. Heirodule, and adds a VSG to help alleviate the pain of grav. Thoughts?

CAD

Flyrant

malanthrope

mucolid

mucolid

B. Heirodule

VSG w/ 3 shields

Skyblight

Flyrant

Crone

Harpy

Harpy

10 Garg

10 Garg

10Garg.

• Like 2

I'm the last person to give list advice on effectiveness so I won't. What I will say is that you've managed to make a list that looks/feels like a Nid invasion! Wave one, before the carpet of gribblies swarms over the decimated survivors. You've managed to take the models I like the best and form what appears to be a solid tourney list.

Well done!

;)

• Like 3