Warlands Campaign

Sherbert

What day should we play the final battle?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What date should we play on for the final mission?

• Tuesday night the 15th
    • Saturday day the 12th
    • Saturday day the 19th

Ok guys a couple of things

From now on please either post in this thread if you cannot make it to game night or send a personal message to your opponent. I think both times people have not shown up their opponent did not see the warning post. 

Kevin- pm me your email so that I can send you the rules. I also made a mistake on your list. The rugged raider cannot use the V6 or the Buffalo, it can only use the reliable rick and mule. Just change one of the engines in your inventory to fit into the rugged raider.

Tyler, Joey and Jim all need to get some make up games in. Jim and Tyler, please let me know when you get your make up game because I need to know who lost for pairings for this weeks game.

Here is next weeks mission. It is meant to be one sided to the attacker. Both players should bring fast vehicles and plenty of nitro. 

Revengeance Road

This mission has a defender and an attacker. The defender must get their convoy of vehicles off the table while the attacker is trying to stop the convoy from escaping. Each player may bring 225pts 

Deployment

The defender deploys his forces in the center of the table in a 6 inch radius of the center facing one direction of the road. The attacker then deploys his forces with 8 inches of a table edge with a road that the defender is facing away from.

Both sides start at cruising.

Special rules

The Endless Road- the attacker gets first turn. All of the attacker’s vehicles get one free nitro to help them catch the defenders. After each player has finished moving his entire force, every vehicle is moved back 8 inches towards the board edge that the attackers were deployed. Terrain is moved back 8+d3 inches in the same direction. If a vehicle is moved off the table then it is counted as fled from the battle field. Every terrain piece that comes in contact with the board edge is then placed on the opposite side of the table by a third party. The piece of terrain must be in contact with the board edge. If it is a small piece it may be placed on the road itself.

Objectives- each of the defenders vehicles are carrying scrap. Trucks carry 3 pieces, cars carry 2, buggies carry 1. The defender scores the scrap when it drives off the table. The attacker scores the scrap if the defending player takes control of a vehicle through a boarding action or if the vehicle is destroyed. After the battle the defender will return for the scrap.

The game ends when the defender either has all of their vehicles off the end of the road, or the defending vehicles are destroyed.

Both players receive 1 point of reputation and experience

Each piece of scrap is worth d6+2

Can we sell stuff out of our garage that we don't want to use anymore? Maybe at 50% cost or something? Also, did we only get an unlock from the first mission and then the special one from this last week if we qualified? I think I messed up and gave myself an unlock after the second mission too that I'll need to fix if I did that wrong.

Crap, sorry Tyler! I thought folks would check the weekly game night thread.

Sherbert, I likely won't be able to get that game in before next Tuesday. I am really hoping that I can make it out next Tuesday, but even that is not certain. Work really has me over the barrel right now. I really want to be able to play the campaign, but the next 3 weeks are going to be pretty intense for me. Just a warning!

Kacy- the first game everyone got an unlock for free, the second game depended on if you captured a local, the third game you could get an unlock if you traded in 5 scrap parts. I dont have any rules set up for selling parts. There really isnt anyone to sell parts to in the current narrative. What parts do you not want?

Jim- ok thanks for the heads up. With how short the games are it seems like we will be able to get people caught up if you cant show up. Just try and give opponents a heads up if possible.

With what information I have hear are the match ups for next week.

Tyler vs Joey

Nathan vs Kevin

Brad vs Kacy

Sherbert vs Jim 

If you won your game last week you are the defender. Players who lost last week are the attacker. I will just assume that Tyler lost and Jim won for the sake of match ups. Build your lists according to if you are the attacker or defender. 

hey guys, I have been working on rewriting the warlands rules. So far I have reworked the vehicles and vehicle equipment along with some of the campaign rules. If anyone has some free time can you look it over and give me some feedback. I tried to make a it a little easier to and faster to make vehicles. thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive?ths=true

Took a look and overall it looks really good! A couple of things,

Dirt Bike: Is it supposed to have 5 health? That seems like a lot, especially considering the other bike has 2.

Personal weapons: The SMG seems really good right now compared to all of the other options to the point where I see no reason to ever take a shotgun and probably wouldn't bother with rifles either since AP1 is only useful against buggies and bikes. Since the overall trend seems to be toward toning weapons down rather than buffing them, I'd maybe reduce the power to 1d6 and bring it down to 1 point as well.

CCWs: The Heavy CCW seems a lot better than the basic one for only a single point upgrade. Maybe reduce the Str to 2d6?

I also didn't notice any points for characters/drivers/gunners/etc. Did you decide what you're doing with those guys?

EDIT: Also the Spear Gun might be a little too good?

EDIT 2: And why are tracks so expensive? They seem worse than all-terrain tires for triple the cost.

good catch on the dirt bike, it was supposed to be 2 DM not 5. 

Do you feel that the SMG is too good as a personal weapon or a mounted weapon? 

I think you are right about the points value of the heavy ccw and spear gun. 

I havnt tackled passengers yet. Not entirely sure how I want to go about doing crew. 

thanks for looking through, feedback really helps. 

Oh yeah, it does say that doesn't it? Just confused about the next sentence where it says the defender will return for the scrap after the battle.

the attacker does not need to worry about picking up fallen scrap during the mission, they will return after the battle to pick it up. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.