Nomadamunda

Raindog

Not exactly, But I do understand that this is pushing for Infinity on the section. However I do know that many Infinity players were Necromunda players. I am also trying to get a game together. I also do not require book rules. So I am trying to find players. If I am way off base let me know and I will remove the posts.

As much as Necromunda was awesome, live system and new models > old system and old models.

RD, Panzers are amazing, I bemoan the lack of them in NCA.

Secondly, have you played with any of the combat remotes? Tsyklon w/ARM 3 is nice, while the Lunkohod's Koalas may be more in your alley of board control.

if i played nomads id be playing both sputniks... plus the combat jump one cause why they hell not lol.

and panzers are what truly makes nomads terrifying.  you have cheap panzers along with very good AROs and then tools that keep people pinned back like koalas, repeaters and camo.  i learned that last week from playing against nate's vanilla list.  that was a RUUUUUDE awakening hahaha

I need to play around with more remotes, but that means buying the models, and I would really like to paint a bit of what I have first.......

After dinner, I picked up the paint brush and began working on more bases. I finished the ones I had been working on and started in the next five. The gray and white layers are done and washed. Tomorrow, I started on the blue accents.

• Like 1

Speaking of Dice Age, I worked Roy a bit on stocking some more Infinity appropriate terrain, both on the shelves, and for use, as a result, he will, barring any complications, start carrying Impudent Mortal buildings and kits. RD, your dream of a table for each of us is getting closer...

Ugh and Ack and holy, donkey balls! I tried to play tonight. I really did. Pete destroyed me. Biotechvore is a challenge. I made a big mistake bunching up troops and I could not roll my way out of a paper bag......... In the end, I killed a bunch of Pete's models, but I had no classified and two models alive.

Biotechvore has a thin eight inch deploymentzone. The safe zone is 16 inches. Infiltration or advance deployment is at minus physical. It take link teams, coordinated orders to reach the safe zone as well as the efficient use of orders.

Medium Infantry links seem to do well as they have the BTS to help them as well as the armor to resist AROs.

• Like 1

After a night in the hospital, and a few days on the mend, I was up to punching out the tokens on the box flaps of Exile's recent purchases.

I watched a battle report on line and was disgruntled at the errors.

Oh, well.

I did learn that if I am shot at through a zero visibility zone, I can shoot back, but with a -6 mod.

So, if a Intruder is shooting through smoke at a Ghulam. The Ghulam can shoot back at -6 plus-3 for Camo and then take both Cover and range into factors. It is unlikely the Ghulam will hit, but he does have a chance.

• Like 1

After a night in the hospital, and a few days on the mend, I was up to punching out the tokens on the box flaps of Exile's recent purchases.

I watched a battle report on line and was disgruntled at the errors.

Oh, well.

I did learn that if I am shot at through a zero visibility zone, I can shoot back, but with a -6 mod.

So, if a Intruder is shooting through smoke at a Ghulam. The Ghulam can shoot back at -6 plus-3 for Camo and then take both Cover and range into factors. It is unlikely the Ghulam will hit, but he does have a chance.

also dont forget your link teams ignore those modifiers :)  along with any other SSL2.  but yea and you still get surprise shot too with intruders(which affects shooting AND dodging) which is why intruder smoke tactics is one of the most feared things in the game.

btw you can have my box tokens if you want.  ive saved them... get better man and rest up!

The Rule I learned today:

When an Impersonating model reveals itself by moving into base to base contact with an enemy model, it's entire movement is considered to be revealed, and thus is subject to AROs.

Don't forget that those ARO's will all still suffer the effect of surprise attack, and will likely be at a great disadvantage in face-to-face.

Don't forget that those ARO's will all still suffer the effect of surprise attack, and will likely be at a great disadvantage in face-to-face.

Nope pretty sure that's wrong. Surprise only works with f2f. Also same thing as camo with that rule. That's why I keep saying 'think of the entire order as being fluid'. Definitely hardest part I feel with this game.  even then, surprise attack and surprise shot are different ;) surprise attack only works in CC while shot is BS.  so i dont think many things shooting at that fiday really care about -6 to their CC

reminds me of something actually similar a month ago that i learned with suppression fire.  it only works in f2f as well.  so if they are outside 24 or put you at impossible shot they can avoid the suppression modifier.  

Nope pretty sure that's wrong. Surprise only works with f2f. Also same thing as camo with that rule. That's why I keep saying 'think of the entire order as being fluid'. Definitely hardest part I feel with this game.  even then, surprise attack and surprise shot are different ;) surprise attack only works in CC while shot is BS.  so i dont think many things shooting at that fiday really care about -6 to their CC

reminds me of something actually similar a month ago that i learned with suppression fire.  it only works in f2f as well.  so if they are outside 24 or put you at impossible shot they can avoid the suppression modifier.  

I don't see why you think this isn't a face-to-face roll.   Your camo/impersonation marker uses their first short order to move into b2b and is revealed, the opponent chooses their reaction, then the camo/impersonation model declares CC attack as the second.  The order happens all at once, revealing them at the same time as they move and attack in f2f against the reactive player's ARO.  Besides, on page 71 of the rule book you can read this:

"This Special Skill burdens his foe with a -6 MOD in the ensuing Face to Face Roll. This Roll is between the SAS’ CC Attribute and the Fusilier’s CC-6 (if hisARO is a CC attack), his BS-9 (-6 by surprise attack, and -3 by CH: Camoflauge, if his ARO is a BS Attack), or PH -6 (If his ARO is a dodge). "

Feel free to go and read the rest of the example, but I can assure you that you can apply the mod from surprise attack to more than just the opponent's CC attribute.

• Like 1

Dude I was referring to other aros. Not the guy who will obviously be doing a ftf...... That's quite obvious. As in if someone else sees the markers besides the guy who he gets in b2b with... They get free shots generally. And people screw that up all the time thinking you only reveal when in b2b.