Nomadamunda

Raindog

Well....

"I am an idiot."

I learned today if my Hellcat disperses off the table or to a place I cannot deploy, I can place the template anywhere in my deployment zone as long as the template fits......

On the subject of templates, I picked up five clear , five inch , acrylic circles for $14 at TAP plastics.....

• Like 1

Tonight's Game with Ian!

I played a list I have never used before. First, I took a Wildcat link. Second, I took no Intruders. Third, I took Senor Massacre.

Senor Massacre is a hoot.  He can rambo up a flank if he needs to. With a Jag team he can be even deadlier. Massacred regenerated to kill a Father Knight only to eat death from and Aquilla. 

• Like 1

Okay, as Pete predicted, the tail fin of the Lunokhod Sputnik is an insane fit. It is bad design. I can see why so many models on the inter-webs do not have one. Channeling my inner Evil Bryan, I managed to pin the two pieces. Then, I puttied the join.

The first Crazy Koala is done and based. Now, I need to work on the second and base the Lunokhod.......

I have yet to pin an infinity model, and have been really lucky with never really having and broken pieces.  This of course not including when I dropped the whole damn army, but even then all nearly all the breaks were clean and easy to repair.  

I'm looking forward to seeing how your army evolves when you get these new pieces built.  You've got a really good grip on how the Nomads function, now it's time to add all the bells and whistles.

• Like 1

I have yet to pin an infinity model, and have been really lucky with never really having and broken pieces. This of course not including when I dropped the whole damn army, but even then all nearly all the breaks were clean and easy to repair.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your army evolves when you get these new pieces built. You've got a really good grip on how the Nomads function, now it's time to add all the bells and whistles.

Really? I've pretty much knocked off every single one of the antennas on my acon guys. not sure I even have desire toner attach lol. Ugh should have just stuck to the better ai design :p

I had a fine game against Pete tonight, but it left me a bit frustrated.

Pete was friendly, had a good list, and played a good game.

I was trying something new, did not play too poorly, but was blasted off the table.

I have been studying the game and trying to take proper chances, but I feel my skills have plateaud.

The game did not leave me sour, but a desire to improve and step up my game.

Eric,

My first few games with Bolts were not smashing successes.

I can see that the list you used was definitely outside your comfort zone, and that is not a bad thing. 

Perhaps the Wildcats as a Haris link to complement a cheaper Alguacile link?

With this as a core:

logo_502.png Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png8  
logo_1.pngALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_1.pngALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_1.pngALGUACIL Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_1.pngALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
logo_1.pngALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
logo_3.pngWILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_3.pngWILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_3.pngWILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Flash Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

4 SWC | 128 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 2

Pete,

That is definitely what am leaning towards. I would still like to add Lupe the Alguaciles and Engineer for the Wildcats. I will have to crunch the numbers.

Basically, I think my main problem was I added too many new units in my list for the first time. The Wildcats are newer. The Saylut and the Lunokhod are new. I broke the basic rule of putting too much new in the list. I need to add one unit and figure out how to use it and then add the next.

• Like 1

You know the saying.. but really it comes down to the books and having a strategy and strong deployment. If you recall nate kapke deployment style he has insane synergy. Trying to find things that works well together and then countering your opponent deployment and strategy is super important. Np and I have talked a bit and a lot of his strategy comes from predicting what his opponent will do. If your opponent catches you with your pants down it's hard to back pedal but instead of panic just learn from the situation and think of a way to prevent it next time. In the meantime think of a plan b,c,d,e immediatelyand work them out as efficiently as possible. Many times dice have frustrated me but having a trick up my sleeve has changed the tide. Just keep studynging. It's no tyour list it's finding how to synergize your plan and thwart your enemy plan.what really can separate you is using your opponent plan to your advantage...

• Like 1

You know the saying.. but really it comes down to the books and having a strategy and strong deployment. If you recall nate kapke deployment style he has insane synergy. Trying to find things that works well together and then countering your opponent deployment and strategy is super important. Np and I have talked a bit and a lot of his strategy comes from predicting what his opponent will do. If your opponent catches you with your pants down it's hard to back pedal but instead of panic just learn from the situation and think of a way to prevent it next time. In the meantime think of a plan b,c,d,e immediatelyand work them out as efficiently as possible. Many times dice have frustrated me but having a trick up my sleeve has changed the tide. Just keep studynging. It's no tyour list it's finding how to synergize your plan and thwart your enemy plan.what really can separate you is using your opponent plan to your advantage...

I think I am still working on "an insane synergy." Heck, at this point, I want reliable and to be proficient with a reliable list. 

• Like 1