"NO" list for OFCC?

Xavier319

You know what would be really awesome? A "NO" list for OFCC. just stuff that'll be denied outright, such as Skyhammer Annihilation Force, and the like. I know everything is situational. Like I would personally allow a big mek stompa if they ran that and a dread mob. Since the dread mob is so bad, but it's all fluffy. Either way, anyone have any general ideas of what is NOT allowed?

I'm a fan of this idea.

Here's a list of some that I can think of that might find difficulties getting passed at OFCC:

- SAF with any good setup

- Battle Company with any reasonable setup

- Eldar, in general

- Wraithknights

- Big Mek Stompa

- Ranged D

- Multiple Knights/Superheavies

- 2++ rerollable

- Invisi-stars

- VSG (for some reason)

- The FW traitor guard

- Thudd Guns

etc so, on

• Like 1

There were lots of "No" type lists in the Primer....did you reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaadddddddd the primer?

4 – Tournament lists, these are just a flat out no go.  Skyhammer, Centurion Stars, Gladius Strike Forces, Ad Mech War Convocations, deathstars and the like.  Multiple super heavies here as well.  Avoid super psychic units and stars fall into here, major MSU.  If you’ve seen it at a top table, or know it’s regularly played by some of the better players around, you shouldn’t be bringing it to OFCC.

• Like 2

There were lots of "No" type lists in the Primer....did you reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaadddddddd the primer?

4 – Tournament lists, these are just a flat out no go.  Skyhammer, Centurion Stars, Gladius Strike Forces, Ad Mech War Convocations, deathstars and the like.  Multiple super heavies here as well.  Avoid super psychic units and stars fall into here, major MSU.  If you’ve seen it at a top table, or know it’s regularly played by some of the better players around, you shouldn’t be bringing it to OFCC.

Yeah, I think he just wants a comprehensive list, which is a bit impossible, but still...

I don't think a comprehensive lists exists. I think A Battle Co could be totally fine if done in the right manner. Skyhammer as well. It all depends on how it is crafted. Some codexes will be a lot harder than others IE eldar.

That's why I phrased mine as 'difficulty getting passed'.

:)

- Eldar, in general

- Wraithknights

another good reason for me to avoid playing 40k this year … 

Torg, buddy. I have never once in my life felt like you have brought an unfair list to a game of 40k. You have nothing to worry about. And no, that's not an insult, it's a compliment. Please go? I'd be really sad not to see you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to the 2++ rerollables - Could we maybe use the ITC ruling that says any 2++ rerollable turns into a 2++/4++ (thats what they do to tame my jinking RW).

We have it as part of the FAQ, but 2++ rerollable will still probably be a no go. Cover is different though, that's not a ++.