ITC, Cheesemongers, and you!

yup.  Or they could just read the rule book.

Timed Game. Not everyone can memorize the thing. Reading at the event takes time that's already tight. GW ain't gonna rewrite and reorg the book any time soon, so if it really is Frequently Asked, it's easier for everyone to just put it in one convenient location.

• Like 1

Timed Game. Not everyone can memorize the thing. Reading at the event takes time that's already tight. GW ain't gonna rewrite and reorg the book any time soon, so if it really is Frequently Asked, it's easier for everyone to just put it in one convenient location.

My answer is the same Westryder.  if you haven't read the rules, then it's a bad idea to be at the tournament.  

people make mistakes.  that's okay.  People forget.   That's okay.  But there's a pretty darn good index! 

If everyone wants to act like they need an FAQ to tell them what the rulebook already told them, fine.  But an FAQ should be for the cloudy issues.  Not whether a Dreadnought can fire all its weapons or "what does a Defensive Grenade do".  Just my opinion.

My answer is the same Westryder. if you haven't read the rules, then it's a bad idea to be at the tournament.

people make mistakes. that's okay. People forget. That's okay. But there's a pretty darn good index!

If everyone wants to act like they need an FAQ to tell them what the rulebook already told them, fine. But an FAQ should be for the cloudy issues. Not whether a Dreadnought can fire all its weapons or "what does a Defensive Grenade do". Just my opinion.

Think about this being applicable to another field. Have you read a math text book? They have sheets of all the formulas you learn in a chapter so you don't have to dig through a page of proof to double check you have the arc length formula for a vector valued function correct.

• Like 2

Think about this being applicable to another field. Have you read a math text book? They have sheets of all the formulas you learn in a chapter so you don't have to dig through a page of proof to double check you have the arc length formula for a vector valued function correct.

ib1ii.jpg

You're likening this to a math class?  to Proofs and memorizing complex abstract equations?

You're likening this to a math class?  to Proofs and memorizing complex abstract equations?

Speaking as someone who was a Math Major, it really isn't all that different. You need to remember some systemic things and then a ton of individual facts. If anything, I'd say keeping all the 40K stuff straight is harder, because Math at least fits together logically and if you forget a specific part you can often reason it out from related parts, while 40K has a bunch of stuff that's just one-off, no relation to anything else.

• Like 4

Speaking as someone who was a Math Major, it really isn't all that different. You need to remember some systemic things and then a ton of individual facts. If anything, I'd say keeping all the 40K stuff straight is harder, because Math at least fits together logically and if you forget a specific part you can often reason it out from related parts, while 40K has a bunch of stuff that's just one-off, no relation to anything else.

I...  am sorry that this has anything to do with an FAQ in your mind or anyone else's.

The rulebook is sitting right there.  It's RIGHT THERE.  Lol.  

Anywho, can we like talk about something else?  I mean it.  I literally have no idea how this makes sense to anyone, but it occurs to me that if someone needs an "aid" like this, I have no objection at all.  I don't really understand it; but then, I don't have to understand it, now that I think about it.  It is what it is.  If it helps you play better, then I am all for it.  

• Like 1

The rulebook is sitting right there.  It's RIGHT THERE.  Lol.  

Anywho, can we like talk about something else?  I mean it.  I literally have no idea how this makes sense to anyone.  

The subject of this thread is RIGHT THERE.  So, No, we cannot talk about something else.  If you want to discuss a different topic, start a different thread that is not about ITC interpretations of an unclear book.

Just sayin.  I mean, you asked why people want/need to use it.  You are repeatedly handed answers, and dismiss them, simply because they are not your answer.  Seems kinda like a close minded religious fanatic to me, but I literally have no idea how that makes sense to anyone.

zg7e3.gif

• Like 3

Yeah but don't you know- Hanaur speaks the literal, Biblical Truth of the Lord God Almighty when he divines answers to rules questions. The blazing honesty that pours forth from his opened mouth is as perfect an irrefutable as the innocent smile of a newborn child, and anyone who would dare to dispute it is no better than a dog, a worm, a betrayer and a coward. They are not fit to grovel at the feet of men such as he.

I mean, the words are written right there in the book. Anyone who can't understand what is PLAIN TO SEE must be a heretic, as the rules are perfectly clear and need no amendment or FAQ at all (except where Games Workshop offers a FAQ, of course, and those things were CLEARLY predestined to be fixed from the very beginning.)

• Like 2

Yeah but don't you know- Hanaur speaks the literal, Biblical Truth of the Lord God Almighty when he divines answers to rules questions. The blazing honesty that pours forth from his opened mouth is as perfect an irrefutable as the innocent smile of a newborn child, and anyone who would dare to dispute it is no better than a dog, a worm, a betrayer and a coward. They are not fit to grovel at the feet of men such as he.

I mean, the words are written right there in the book. Anyone who can't understand what is PLAIN TO SEE must be a heretic, as the rules are perfectly clear and need no amendment or FAQ at all (except where Games Workshop offers a FAQ, of course, and those things were CLEARLY predestined to be fixed from the very beginning.)

554.gif

• Like 2