monday beerfinity 5/2/2016!

Don't Panic

This will be the last day before the start of the escalation league so its a good idea to get me info/payment for the league at this date! i will also be going by W.O.W. on the sunday before to chat about the league as well!

Come on down to Guardian Games from 7pm-close and throw down your beer and d20s!  

• Like 1

the 'why' part shouldnt be discussed here guys.  ive heard both sides and its really not that dramatic and seemed to be handled pretty professionally as both parties respect each other a lot as friends, along with being former colleagues.  please be respectful to Joel and if you want to gossip do it in a PM......  leave this thread to talking about drinking beer and infinity  :wink:

• Like 2

Beerfinity was amazing successful tonight. Adam and Evan had an epic game. I was able to play Michael aka Crashprone for the first time. Playing against a faction you play is always an educational experience and playing a pain train is always a challenge. Then, Ian and Deandre came and watched. Hopefully, Michael and Deandre can make it to the club soon. Deandre is just getting into the game. Michael has play a half dozen games, but has been collecting for some time.

• Like 1

Great game! That was actually really helpful for me in getting to know how link teams work and just getting a better feel for Infinity tactically. It was actually perfect because I got to see the same Sectorial with two different lists and two different play styles. Thanks again!

glad you guys had fun!  i enjoyed seeing you guys utilizing that TDT in the middle!  Seeing mike's sputnik on top with koalas in each level was freaking awesome!   Also glad Evan and Adam got a game in.  Think Adam was playing Onyx for the first time as well.  Hopefully next time we have more terrain lol. 

Naked Panda,

If you are reading this, Nate placed three of the Horizon Divide MK. IIs in the center of the table. I infilitrated a Bandit under one of the lips of the building to drop mines. Crashprone climbed his Lunokhod to the top and sent the Koalas half way down to control the center of the board. I shot one Koala. The Bandit dodged the other and dropped a mine. The building created a great tactic puzzle to the game.

Cheers,

RD

• Like 1

glad you guys had fun!  i enjoyed seeing you guys utilizing that TDT in the middle!  Seeing mike's sputnik on top with koalas in each level was freaking awesome!   Also glad Evan and Adam got a game in.  Think Adam was playing Onyx for the first time as well.  Hopefully next time we have more terrain lol. 

Just vanilla CA last night.  He's going to start on his Onyx when the rules are more widely available.

I am very deeply happy to hear that some of the nuance I crammed in to those designs is creeping out! Intentionally wanted to break away from the tactically underwhelming proliferation of 'boxes' (not that they are bad, just so many decision to be made with simpler shapes and standard [almost premeasuring] dimensions) out there, and make pieces that mean different things to different players.

<chuffed to bits~

• Like 3

Box buildings are appreciated for their practicality, durability and packability, but few buildings in reality look like that. Rooms are built on. Floors and foyers are added. There are porches and covered patios. These few architectural choices all enhance tactical play and create more choices. 

Keep up the good work!

RD