GW makes competitive rules (including points) for AOS was: GW Vaguebooks AOS

pretre

Maybe a comp system

Doubtfull,they already condone the use of the player made systems(see SCGT coverage)..why put in the effort when the fan made systems are doing the job just fine.Plus it just doesnt make any sense now that all of the Grand Alliance books are out without any unit point values.

As KlawKnee has alluded to above,this is likely the AoS version of what they are doing with the 40k Idependent store events.Though I would actually hope that the AoS version would also encompass and web site system much like WotC does for MTG for tracking player rankings and achievements.The game is in a good position right now for something like that and it would be great for the growth of the game.

• Like 1

Well,,they backpeddled on that one.Interesting as it has always been said that GW had planned this release years ahead of time,down to the models and books so this does in fact show that they are listening to the players feedback and are intent on AoS being successfull.

Looks like they garnered alot from the SCGT presence.My guess is that the "matched play" systems will be similar to what was done there,which would be very nice if so as they didnt change the base rules much.

Im also very interested in seeing what the narrative play system is going to be.

• Like 1

Depending on how the point system is I'm sure the local gaming groups will adopt a loose version of it for even open play. As nice as fully open play sounds I'm more of a planner and like to know what's going on ahead of time.

I'm not a huge fan of just showing up and winging it. I want to have list made mostly to save time on tedious stuff like wound/warscroll/hero restrictions.

Knowing GW, I would guess only models that are going forward will have points. Makes sense and all, but kind of a shame too.

UPDATE:

Apparently GW will support the old models that already had warscrolls via the compendiums. They put this up on FB or twitter in response to someone's question about this.

2CY2n9W.png

Came here to say this and you beat me to it.

• Like 1

Wow. And now they are selling competitive armies... This is crazy:

And now you get a 1 click bundle for the top 3 SCGT lists

Secure victory against any opponent with this battle-proven force.

A top-three army from the recent South Coast Grand Tournament, created by Tom Mawdsley.