GW makes competitive rules (including points) for AOS was: GW Vaguebooks AOS

pretre

Damn!,,first they complete the release for all the Grand Alliance books,then add in multiple ways to play the game along with a point system for competative play,then wrap it up with a Global campaign!

Almost like maybe it was planned that way or something:)

if they planned it that way, then they planned it pretty stupidly in financial regards.  old crews would have at least given it more of a shot if they had a point system in the beginning to base off of, then comp it.  with the whole 'everyone do whatever comp you want cause we dont care just stare at your opponent for dice rolls' technique THAT'S what really pushed people away.  the game had no synergy to start from and people dont want to waste a ton of time finding someone's comp they agree with they want a basis to start from.  their 'plans' were beyond stupid.  it lost them i would guess 50% of the old whfb crowd.  the others were already lost, but they could have saved a lot of numbers had they made the game more playable competitively from the beginning... 

if they planned it that way, then they planned it pretty stupidly in financial regards.  old crews would have at least given it more of a shot if they had a point system in the beginning to base off of, then comp it.  with the whole 'everyone do whatever comp you want cause we dont care just stare at your opponent for dice rolls' technique THAT'S what really pushed people away.  the game had no synergy to start from and people dont want to waste a ton of time finding someone's comp they agree with they want a basis to start from.  their 'plans' were beyond stupid.  it lost them i would guess 50% of the old whfb crowd.  the others were already lost, but they could have saved a lot of numbers had they made the game more playable competitively from the beginning...

I doubt a point system at release would have satisfied long time WHFB players,I remember the thrashing GW recieved for going to round bases,full skirmish,no more rank and flank,no more magic phase and pretty much becoming 40k with fantasy figures.Lack of points was a small part of it...Honestly,I wouldnt be surprised if this new competative points thing didnt bring back many old gaurd players as the game likely wont change much with most all of the above still being an issue.

Besides fan comps were popping up within a couple of weeks,we were`nt having any problems playing the game just usuing warscrolls or wounds to balance it with.Now sure we werent going all competative with it but still,for the most part the games remained close barring the occasional goofball matchup like being down 50% on the wound count from the start lol.

Wether they planned this all along really doesnt matter much,though It did come to mind after listening to the Heelenhammer podcast,they did mention that this point system is GW`s own,,,not really based on the SCGT as we all first thought.And their statement of having a 2000 pt army makes for about a 2.5 hr battle confirms that as 2000 pts in SCGT would amount to 2-3 apoc size 40k armies,lol.Their average is around 100 pool points,heh.

Having GW do a comp directly based on one of the fan comps would certainly prove that they did backpeddle on the original plan of "no points" statement.But having one that is totally their own creation leads me to believe that they had one in the works from the start,likely not finalized and they planned to see what the playerbase did with theirs so as to fine tune.

The other items like a campaign system and narrative play all make perfect sense as part of the original plan since they will be releasing the final Grand Alliance book this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

The only drawback ive heard about the global campaign thing is that the games have to be recorded at the GW store computer terminals.Not sure if that means that games themselves need to take place there or not.

I read that the last time they did a global like this it ended up all screwed up with bogus reporting..or something along those lines.