Official GW FAQ - First Draft

pretre

Stupid phone posting.

Anyway, major shifts. The terrain one leaves the ambiguous situation of all units in the opposing unit being engaged without a model needing to go.through terrain, as well as assaulting around terrain.

Mainly good work, though. More pleased than not.Think the grenade thing is a screwup, unless m. Bombs are special, and think the artifact thing is too hard on CSM.

Between this and DftS ObSec drakes, and general loss of flyer skyfire (non fighter), it is about as big a shift as 6th-7th

"You can only throw one grenade per phase"

See pp180 Unusual Grenades. In fact, that snippet shows they screwed that one up.

EDIT: The more I think, the more this screams intern to me. A kickass intern they should keep, but this ruling reverses years if 40k precedent and doesn't make sense of pp180- throwing is the ranged attack, it specifues that sone have a melee profile that lets a model replace their attacks. You can throw in shooting, you can throw in overwatch, but only some grenades give you a "melee attack"- this is never described as throwing

Stupid phone posting.

Anyway, major shifts. The terrain one leaves the ambiguous situation of all units in the opposing unit being engaged without a model needing to go.through terrain, as well as assaulting around terrain.

Mainly good work, though. More pleased than not.Think the grenade thing is a screwup, unless m. Bombs are special, and think the artifact thing is too hard on CSM.

Between this and DftS ObSec drakes, and general loss of flyer skyfire (non fighter), it is about as big a shift as 6th-7th

Ob sec drakes dont really bother me over-much, considering they are 10 rear armor. and even with the grenade nerf, they are not in a good way if they are assaultable.

yeah. I'm honestly fine with that. to be honest. most tournies wont use the dogfight phase. but the agility stat, pursuit and obsec on hover stuff is good. the reserve manipulation probably wont be used, as I cannot see most tournies allowing a dogfight phase, considering how much of a time-sink it is.

VEHICLES

Q: Is a hull-mounted weapon’s arc of fire a total of 45° or 45° to either side? The chart seems to indicate the former, but we aren’t 100% certain.

A: Hull-mounted weapons have a total firing arc of 45°.

This one is interesting, as it completely ignores an important part of the text.

...and of course, now I can't find the rulebook. There's an interesting bit in the vehicle rules that allows the weapon to fire in the 45 degree arc OR in the actual arc the model's gun can pivot. You can use this to fire a LR's heavy bolter and things behind it (they do have to be pretty tall, as it still can't fire through the LR...)

This one is interesting, as it completely ignores an important part of the text.

...and of course, now I can't find the rulebook. There's an interesting bit in the vehicle rules that allows the weapon to fire in the 45 degree arc OR in the actual arc the model's gun can pivot. You can use this to fire a LR's heavy bolter and things behind it (they do have to be pretty tall, as it still can't fire through the LR...)

That quote applies generically to vehicles walkers have a more specific rule over riding the arc fire to this really restrictive 45 degree thing... :(

• 1 month later...

Q: How does a power that targets ‘the Psyker’ but not his unit work on a unit with Brotherhood of Psykers? If, for example, a Wyrdvane Psyker squad casts Iron Arm, does one model nominated as ‘the caster’ receive the benefits?
A: The power applies to all ‘Brotherhood of Psykers’ models in the unit.

So does this mean a GK librarian in a unit of terminators can cast something like Precognition (re-rolls for the psyker) and it affects everybody in the unit? Just curious, I can read it either way.

Sorry, I meant GK terminators who have brotherhood of psykers. The reasoning going that the psyker (librarian) is part of a unit that contains the brotherhood of psykers rule (terminators). The example references a situation with one of the brotherhood using a power but the first sentence doesn't make any distinction.

That certainly makes sense. A guy (who is normally a hyper competitive gamer and spot-on with rules) brought it up at a tournament yesterday so I thought I'd read it myself and see what some others thought.

I'll go for anything to make my poor GK terminators more survivable... hahah!

The FAQ question specifically is talking about a Brotherhood of Psykers unit casting a power, so it wouldn't be meaningful in the situation described. Really, Wyrdvane Psykers are the only ones who can take advantage of it, since no other Brotherhood units have access to single-model buff spells.

Update for Dreads:

[Warhammer 40,000
Hey folks,
Last week, as part of our ongoing FAQ draft process, we published a new optional rule for Dreadnoughts of the Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Grey Knights Chapters.

So many of you got in touch saying that you'd certainly be using the new rule that we've decided to make it an official Errata.

The rest of the finalised FAQs and Errata will be on the way once we have your feedback on all the drafts, but we wanted to get this to you so you could all have fun smashing stuff with your Dreadnoughts while you waited.

Once again, thanks for all your help making the game of Warhammer 40,000 even better.

13445767_1635011190152847_41049111598540

• Like 2