Let's add a dash of Beastie Boys...

scottshoemaker

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

HIPSTER!

Come on the shooting is terrible a trained soldier can't even shoot a target ten feet away with a rifle but an old dude with a pistol can... If hating on a tired and overplayed story is a what you call a hipster. I'm going to go buy some tight pants.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

The movies would be pretty boring/over quickly if all the main characters got shot/killed by "storm trooper 11" in the opening scenes.

Just saying. ;)

Lol, nice. It's more than that, bad acting too. Its hard to watch trained super soldiers struggle with the basics of warfare. There is other, better ways to have the same drama and suspense with better tactics. Shoot the pipe, create obscurity.

Also it is a more fantasy than scifi, I know this a pretentious point but it bothers me when it is labeled as scifi. Spaceships that fly linear do not make it scifi.

Also it is a more fantasy than scifi, I know this a pretentious point but it bothers me when it is labeled as scifi. Spaceships that fly linear do not make it scifi.

I absolutely agree with this. It's Space Fantasy, not SciFi. A lot of the stuff that would bother me in a real SciFi flick, I can let ride when I'm viewing it as Fantasy.

• Like 2