Imperial agents and new canoness

pretre

Adepta Sororitas – Canoness Veridyan

Yesterday, we took a very quick look at the upcoming Codex: Imperial Agents book, and it’s looking very exciting (unless you’re a heretic, of course…).

This book isn’t accompanying a new range of miniature, but we couldn’t let the release of a new book containing so many awesome sub-factions under the Imperial aegis pass without some sort of model to mark the occasion. So, our Studio Team set sculptor Martin Footit the task of creating an iconic miniature to accompany the book – and he didn’t disappoint.

veryidian.jpg

• Like 2

Fantastic Canoness model!

Anybody else notice that Aeronautica Imperialis was included in the Imperial Agents codex?  I might buy some air support for my fledgling Guard after all.

I think, and this is speculation, that it will allow you to buy a flight of valks/vendettas as 'Imperial Agents'.

• Like 1

I think, and this is speculation, that it will allow you to buy a flight of valks/vendettas as 'Imperial Agents'.

I'm hoping for a Thunderhawk kit. Almost every other pewter model has been getting new plastic kits, why not the thunderhawk?

I'm hoping for a Thunderhawk kit. Almost every other pewter model has been getting new plastic kits, why not the thunderhawk?

Because it's currently available from FW, and presumably not selling well enough over there for GW to swap it to plastic.

If they did a fully plastic Storm Eagle/Fire Raptor dual kit, on the other hand...

• Like 1

Also, I've gotta say, even tho I like that they are doing a new Sororitas Model in any capacity, there are a lot of design choices that I really, really don't like there. Some of it, like the hair, is just Blanche's style translating badly to an actual Model, but there are also things like the high heels and the boob-plate that are making her own armour as much an active danger to her as a source of protection.

Also, I've gotta say, even tho I like that they are doing a new Sororitas Model in any capacity, there are a lot of design choices that I really, really don't like there. Some of it, like the hair, is just Blanche's style translating badly to an actual Model, but there are also things like the high heels and the boob-plate that are making her own armour as much an active danger to her as a source of protection.

Yeah, I get that, but...

It's also just a classic image translated to a model. Like all those bolter/PF captains that keep getting made.

• Like 1

Anyone else think GW's new "Codex: SoB & friends" could be related to the presence of Wonder Woman in DC movies (Batman vs superman, plus the upcoming wonder woman film)? GW does tend to mimic television a lot.